Keyword

[SOLVED] Setting a restriction for parent category.

• badrun badranaya
  • badrun badranaya's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87748 by badrun badranaya
[SOLVED] Setting a restriction for parent category. was created by badrun badranaya
Hi, I'm puzzled to set the parent category permissions. For example if I have a parent category : AutomotiveThen I have child categories : Shops, Dealers, Spare Parts.How do I make a user (from frontend) can only make their items on the childs? ie only in the category Shop, Dealers, Spare Parts. While users is not allowed to make the items on the parent category (Automotive)?Please give me a clue ... and thanks in advace.,Badrun Tralala.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87749 by william white
Replied by william white on topic [SOLVED] Setting a restriction for parent category.
There may be a better way, but you might try
Automotive
items
Other Categories
then give them access to items and they may inherit the rite to post in all its subcatories, but not automotive

• badrun badranaya
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87750 by badrun badranaya
Replied by badrun badranaya on topic [SOLVED] Setting a restriction for parent category.
William White said:There may be a better way, but you might try Automotive
items
Other Categories
then give them access to items and they may inherit the rite to post in all its subcatories, but not automotive

Thanks for your reply, however.. in my case is open directory, user in my site can post their own artcle. And with their ignorance they post the article in the category as they want, not as ruled. I think there is a good way to restrict user to post the article in parent category.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87751 by Raj Warrior
Replied by Raj Warrior on topic [SOLVED] Setting a restriction for parent category.
Hi,
I think the answer is in the user group permissions. In user groups create a group for users like allowed or so and then give that group write access only to the subcategories and read access to the parent category. I think that should do it.

warrior
relatively new to k2, ok with joomla

• badrun badranaya
More
14 years 1 week ago #87752 by badrun badranaya
Replied by badrun badranaya on topic [SOLVED] Setting a restriction for parent category.
Thanks you all... it was great....
yesterday I did not notice that we can set access options in the edit user group.