Keyword

Changing the tag cloud

• strullinger
  • strullinger's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87773 by strullinger
Changing the tag cloud was created by strullinger
I have a site where we relied heavy on tags to display items in multipal categories. Now the issue we are having is we want to display all the items in a category type list and not as a tag cloud. I'v done my best looking through the code in the k2tools mod but I am totally lost on this one. Help me obi-one, no really if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87774 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Changing the tag cloud
Im probably missing the question, because if youve use tags to display content from multiple categories the ideas below are simple compared to that@!
You have several choices of how to display items in a single category.
Use the K2 Category view
Use the mod_k2_content (can be used with loadposition in regular articles) in the content area
Use mod_k2_tools
Turn everything off and add back displayed options until you get what you want.

• strullinger
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87775 by strullinger
Replied by strullinger on topic Changing the tag cloud
Your right I didnt from my question very well. What I am looking to do is simply change (k2 tools) tag cloud to a list. Each tag on their own line (like category list) SO basically, how would I change the category view to pull tags and not categories.

William White said:Im probably missing the question, because if youve use tags to display content from multiple categories the ideas below are simple compared to that@! You have several choices of how to display items in a single category.
Use the K2 Category view
Use the mod_k2_content (can be used with loadposition in regular articles) in the content area
Use mod_k2_tools
Turn everything off and add back displayed options until you get what you want.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87776 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Changing the tag cloud
Steven,
If you look at the tag cloud module you will notice that it is simply a configuration of the k2_tools. There are settings that define how many tags to display, and what the min font and max font size is. So the first idea I would have for you is to go in, and set the min size and max size to 100%. This would in effect disable the "clouding" by making every tag the same size regardless of # of occurrences.

• strullinger
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87777 by strullinger
Replied by strullinger on topic Changing the tag cloud
I did that, it it almost does what I need it to, now I need to make it so every tag get its own line

David R. said:Steven, If you look at the tag cloud module you will notice that it is simply a configuration of the k2_tools. There are settings that define how many tags to display, and what the min font and max font size is. So the first idea I would have for you is to go in, and set the min size and max size to 100%. This would in effect disable the "clouding" by making every tag the same size regardless of # of occurrences.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87778 by Patricia Hobbs
Replied by Patricia Hobbs on topic Changing the tag cloud
I want to do something similar, but I don't care if there is more than one tag on a line.  I figured out making the tags the same size, and increasing the number shown.  But I would like the tags to be listed in a K2 item.  I tried embedding the K2 tools module in a K2 item, but that didn't work.  (maybe I did it wrong).  I could live with it being in a module position if I could get a module across the top to display it.  However, so far, the tag cloud only shows up when I put the module in the Left position.  I'm using a JoomlaShack template.