Keyword

How do I display side modules when clicking on Article ? right now I get the "full page" view

• Bumfu Web Design
  • Bumfu Web Design's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87780 by Bumfu Web Design
I have a problem that I can not solve, on K2 when an article is clicked module the the "full page" view is displayed and any modules on any sidebar of a
page do not show. When you click on one of the categories, it will bring you to all
the articles in that category but in a "full page" view, meaning, you
lose the menus and the module in the sidebar. Is there a way to fix this problem?
How can I get those articles to just show up in the main body and not go directly to the full page view?

Thanks in advanced to everyone and to Joomlaworks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87781 by william white
When you create a side bar or set something to show in say position left....be sure that "all" is selected or
Go Back to the module displaying the menu or whatever and tell it to show on that page.

• Bumfu Web Design
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87782 by Bumfu Web Design
Thanks for your help but that is not the solution. I tried that and the problem is that there are sections of the site where I dont want any modules or sidebars showing (like the Kunena forum page) and if I do that the module selected to "all" will show there.

Also if I go to the menu item for K2 category "general "...... and set the module to appear on that particular menu item, it will ..... the problem is that once you click on an individual item on that particular category the modules wont show and it will default to "full page view"

Anyone else has a solution for this???
thanks .

• Bumfu Web Design
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87783 by Bumfu Web Design
No one has a solution to this?????

Thomas C said:Thanks for your help but that is not the solution. I tried that and the problem is that there are sections of the site where I dont want any modules or sidebars showing (like the Kunena forum page) and if I do that the module selected to "all" will show there.
Also if I go to the menu item for K2 category "general "...... and set the module to appear on that particular menu item, it will ..... the problem is that once you click on an individual item on that particular category the modules wont show and it will default to "full page view"

thanks .

More
14 years 2 days ago #87784 by Saskia
What you need is: Advanced Module Manager. It's free :)
With that installed, you can assign your module to all your pages, and then exclude some menu-items.
It works for me.
What I basically do, is exclude all my other menu items.
Still working on how to assign different modules to different categories though...

Thomas C said:Thanks for your help but that is not the solution. I tried that and the problem is that there are sections of the site where I dont want any modules or sidebars showing (like the Kunena forum page) and if I do that the module selected to "all" will show there.

thanks .

More
14 years 2 days ago #87785 by Saskia
I forgot, but you can assign a module to a K2 Category with that extension.

• Bumfu Web Design
More
13 years 10 months ago #87786 by Bumfu Web Design
Thank you Saskia, your solution worked wonderful, it solved all my problems. If anyone is having the same problem that I did try Saskia slution, the component takes a few minute to understand but it does the job.

Saskia said:I forgot, but you can assign a module to a K2 Category with that extension.