Keyword

Feature Request : Multi Category and few others.

• puneet
  • puneet's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87837 by puneet
K2 is a great component. It kinda must have for every blogger who uses joomla for blogging. I want to suggest few features which will make this component even better. I hope to see features I am suggesting in future releases.1. Users should be allowed to choose multi-categories for a single article. For instance, what if a blogger who writes about search engines wants to write about Google, bing and yahoo in one article. He has created 3 categories with name - google, bing and yahoo. But he can't choose all 3 even if he is writing about all in 3 in one article. So this is a must have feature.2. I was going through the forum and found that people asked "How to export K2 content to Joomla Core". So a function which allow users to export content to Joomla Core should be introduced in future releases.3. Import and Export comments from default commenting system of K24. Option to use third party commenting systems like disqus etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• puneet
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87838 by puneet
Sorry for bumping this post..But I waited quite long to get a reply.

Please reply.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87839 by David R.
1. This has been suggested many times already and I'm with several other people who don't agree this is needed, when you have tags. The tags are already a Many to many system, as you can tag an item with as many tags as you want.

2. I also don't think that #2 is important because an import of k2 items back to joomla articles would be lossy. Joomla doesn't support tags, or nested categories. I'd much rather see the K2 devs working on new functionality that is important to K2 users. If you want to move k2 items to joomla articles you could accomplish this with a couple simple mysql queries.

3. I agree with you here. There is already one K2 plugin that has been done for a different comment system, and there's now the mutlinotify plugin from K2Joom.

4. Perhaps nice to have, or even a potential for pay addon. Looks like some significant code would be needed to support something like SSO integration with Disqus.

• puneet
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87840 by puneet
1.There is a difference between tags and categories. Even the best blogging software Wordpress provide this functionality to its users and then why don't K2.

2.You don't think its important? Many threads are created in this regard and people want to switch back to joomla core. So now if one start using k2 he/she is forever stuck with it.

David R. said:1. This has been suggested many times already and I'm with several other people who don't agree this is needed, when you have tags. The tags are already a Many to many system, as you can tag an item with as many tags as you want.
2. I also don't think that #2 is important because an import of k2 items back to joomla articles would be lossy. Joomla doesn't support tags, or nested categories. I'd much rather see the K2 devs working on new functionality that is important to K2 users. If you want to move k2 items to joomla articles you could accomplish this with a couple simple mysql queries.

3. I agree with you here. There is already one K2 plugin that has been done for a different comment system, and there's now the mutlinotify plugin from K2Joom.

4. Perhaps nice to have, or even a potential for pay addon. Looks like some significant code would be needed to support something like SSO integration with Disqus.