Keyword

Why not possible to add comment

• Tim
  • Tim's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87875 by Tim
Why not possible to add comment was created by Tim
Hello,

I have a few question about making commments on articles. I use K2 and enabled the comment possibility, everyone can add a comment and they will not be forced to login or regiser. Unfortunately when someone is registered and wants to add a quick comment they are forced to login, can this be done whitout login in.

Second question, if a person is making a comment, is it possible that someone has to fill in a password so that they are inmediately a member.

Third question, if I want people to log in, is it possible to add a login screen or link underneed the article, I could not find the possibility.

I hope someone can help me or has a link to some documentation about this option, I have tried to look it up but there is to much info what confuses me.

Thx

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87876 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Why not possible to add comment
Unfortunately when someone is registered and wants to add a quick comment they are forced to login, can this be done whitout login in. When an email address is entered into the comment form It is checked so that a non registared user cannot make a comment and act like someone who has already registared
Second question, if a person is making a comment, is it possible that someone has to fill in a password so that they are inmediately a member.You could put a link to the registration form, but registration usually requires email verification to avoid people who are hacking
Third question, if I want people to log in, is it possible to add a login screen or link underneed the article, I could not find the possibility.If you are using a template with grids this would be easy to do by assigning the login module to a bottom position

If you want a truly open system - and you want anyone just to add content to your site you could probably edit the comment form and remove the email address all together and disable the checks for it. Spammers will find it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.