Keyword

I BEG YOU K2 GODS Bring Forth ZEMANTA !!! This would = Wordpress KILLER no more WP it will be dead

• Christian Matthieas
  • Christian Matthieas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87900 by Christian Matthieas
www.zemanta.comDo it... do it now... Gitter done.  JUST DO IT.  As an aside, I tried workaround because ninja actually has a joomla extension for this but guess what it is not??? did you guess it?  come on,, the clue is easy... It is not __________?K2 compatible.  FMLK2 I am hard on you because I love you.  You are my CMK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christian Matthieas
  • Christian Matthieas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87901 by Christian Matthieas
I have found a workaround and provided the tutorial below so that you can use Zamenta now on your K2 websites... hopefully an extension is created from ninjaforge to help with the problem of the read more parameter...

here is the solution...

================================================
figured out the problem... Really got to know your K2. Ok, for those of you using K2 this is the work around for using Zemanta, K2 and your RT theme.

Just know that Zamanta creates a Div class when it starts its work. the DIV class and K2 categorizing clash... so if you have a category and a read more setting of lets say 50 words it isn't going to see the words of the the Zemanta component but rather a DIV class which wreaks havoc on your template.

so basically just make sure you write enough before the Zemanta entry and it will work Beautifually. you have to download the Zemanta extension from joomla which remember is not for K2 but you can transfer the created HTML to your K2 item just remember to put enough words to get past the read more parameter.

=======================================here is what I wrote over at Ninjaforge====

boom.. I figured out something about my workaround. K2 two articles, called items, appear in category listings. So, Zamanta, while working with JCE, creates an upfront DIV class... This Div class and a item word read more setting clashes. so for example if you do not have enough words to get past the read more setting i.e. in my case 50 words... then the div class wreaks havoc on your template.

Again, the workaround for me is to create K2 items/articles by doing them first in joomla articles and transferring the HTML. Seems like a lot of work, not to bad that is why i am asking the Ninja people to make it for K2 as well. but the Div class creation is the problem.

So for now, those of you who need Zemanta to work for K2 you can do a workaround just make sure you put text that goes before the DIV class i.e. start of the Zemanta entries...

Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.