Keyword

How to Add Featured items first!

• Richard Prisco
  • Richard Prisco's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #87921 by Richard Prisco
How to Add Featured items first! was created by Richard Prisco
I saw tons of questions how to have featured items up first. Well here is the answer....Go to /administrator/components/com_k2/models/category.xmlAdd  <option value="featured">Featured First</option>under <param name="catOrdering" type="list" default="" label="Item ordering" description="">
.Go to /components/com_k2/views/itemlist/tmpl/category.xmlAdd  <option value="featured">Featured First</option>
under      <param name="catOrdering" type="list" default="" label="Item ordering" description="">
 Go to /components/com_k2/models/itemlist.phpAdd          case 'featured':                $orderby = "i.featured DESC";                break;                under         //Set ordering                switch ($ordering) {Viola!That's all FOLKS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #87922 by Tyania
Replied by Tyania on topic How to Add Featured items first!
Works great but I loose ordering preference within the featured items and non featured items.

Could we put that value in the parameter option for showing featured items that exists just before the item ordering parameter.... So the Featured Items

1) show

2) hide

3) show only featured items

4) show featured items first

I realize that this involves a more extensive rewrite but it would be more useful... Any ideas?

Ty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.