Keyword

modules not showing in item view

• kire timov
  • kire timov's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87941 by kire timov
modules not showing in item view was created by kire timov
HiIf i don't select the module(any module) to be shown in every menu than it isn't shown in item view.. means: the module must be selected in "All" menus or it's not shown in item view.And i badly need to disable modules on my flash games menu.. (cuz i use mochigames and i can't resize the games, so with the modules on the right side the games are clipped since most of them are bigger than 600px)thanks in advance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kire timov
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87942 by kire timov
Replied by kire timov on topic modules not showing in item view
really i can't find any hint for this.. i digged google upside down! ... i badly need this.. any kind of help is appreciated

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87943 by william white
Replied by william white on topic modules not showing in item view
Try making a copy of k2_tools, set it to archive.
Enable it for a menu item that calls for a k2 category view
watch it follow as you click into the item view and stay enabled as you drill deeper into that "menu choice" where it was enabled.

• kire timov
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87944 by kire timov
thanks for your time Sir.
However i can't understand what exactly to do.. can you please explain me a little bit more about "try making a copy of k2_tools, set ti to archive." ..
thanks again

William White said:Try making a copy of k2_tools, set it to archive. Enable it for a menu item that calls for a k2 category view
watch it follow as you click into the item view and stay enabled as you drill deeper into that "menu choice" where it was enabled.

• kire timov
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87945 by kire timov
i just tried to hide the modules normally and this time it worked.. i haven't done anything.. at least something i remember about.. if you have the time however i would like to investigate abit more further to locate what was causing it earlier..
thanks

• kire timov
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87946 by kire timov
i think i have located the problem... just now.. it was because i did not have set menus for all the categories before.. (earlier all my categories were in one main category for the home page.. and now is the same but now i added menus for every k2 category i have) ... tested and this is it

kire timov said:i just tried to hide the modules normally and this time it worked.. i haven't done anything.. at least something i remember about.. if you have the time however i would like to investigate abit more further to locate what was causing it earlier..
thanks

More
13 years 7 months ago #87947 by Andy Connell
Replied by Andy Connell on topic modules not showing in item view
I have menu items for each of my categories and sub categories.

I have k2 modules set up to display TAGS, POPULAR USERS, INDIVIDUAL BLOGS, etc but have set these modules to only show on the pages where K2 articles/categories, etc are displayed.

If I view articles, all show up fine, modules saty in position etc.

BUT, If Click on a TAG link, click on an individuals blog or search for an article via the K2 Search module, the resulting page opens up full width of template and all side modules are gone/hidden away.

If I set modules to display on all then they stay there, but this is not convenient. I only want the K2 modules to display on pages where K2 is present.

Any Ideas or help appreciated

Thanks

Andy

More
13 years 7 months ago #87948 by Andy Connell
Ive been playing around with this all morning.

I have set up a new menu (unpublished) with all my K2 categories as links. and still the k2 modules disappear leaving a full width article or search results.

If I disable sh404 completely, then most of the modules stay where they should ( except the k2 search)

Anyone have any ideas on this as I need K2 working properly and also need SH404 switched on.

Thanks,

More
13 years 3 months ago #87949 by mattian
Replied by mattian on topic modules not showing in item view
Great this was it! I was wondering the same issue, why my modules do not show on category pages and item pages.

I did a own menuitems for each K2 category and published both the category menu-items and category-menu-module. But since I did not want the categories to show on frontside, I did not choose any menuitems to the K2-category-module. So it is published but hidden. This way I could get the other modules assigned to the category page without actually having a cateogy-menu-links visible on the site.

Thanks!

Amy

More
13 years 3 months ago #87950 by Andy Connell
I since have installed and used Advanced Module Manager from www.nonumber.nl 

With this you can select wether the module is shown or not shown for a menu item, specific component, specific link, the list is endless.

This is an excellent addition to any joomla site and have also since added it into nearly all my sites.

Andy