Keyword

Latest Item View template styling

• Thanasi Gray
  • Thanasi Gray's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87959 by Thanasi Gray
Latest Item View template styling was created by Thanasi Gray
Hi,It would be good if you could select the template for this view - this would make the templating for the user layouts a lot more flexible? Or is there a workaround for this?THANKS!Thanasi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87960 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Latest Item View template styling
Tell us exactly what you are using....to display this page and post a link to the page

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87961 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Latest Item View template styling
If I understand you, there is a seperate template for Latest item, called ... Latest_item.php.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87962 by william white
Yes, this file resides in the default folder. If you create an override and assign it to the category, then you can make latest_item.php look as you choose, but it will continue to use the rows returned as latest.

• Thanasi Gray
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87963 by Thanasi Gray
Replied by Thanasi Gray on topic Latest Item View template styling
Thanks for your replies.

Sorry it was late and I didn't make myself clear....

When using the latest item view and the user setting the template used is the one in the default directory - this is due to the fact there is no user assignment to a category so there is no way a user layout can be styled by a template. So it would be good if you could manually override the template setting in the view (i.e. when you select the menu option latest)

Thanks!

• Thanasi Gray
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87964 by Thanasi Gray
Must be all the work, I think I'm probably still not making sense.

When using the 'user' option in the view 'Latest' to display user information from one or more users, only the default template is being used. I presume this is because a user is not assigned to a specific category (each category can have a seperate template). So I was wondering when in the joomla menu config and you select the latest view for a menu item it would be good to select a template for when you are viewing user information (not category info as this will already have a template set).

Or am I just mad and I'm missed a very cool and hidden setting!

K2 is a fantastic bit of kit that I'm using more and more! Keep up the good work!

Thanasi Gray said:Thanks for your replies.

Sorry it was late and I didn't make myself clear....

When using the latest item view and the user setting the template used is the one in the default directory - this is due to the fact there is no user assignment to a category so there is no way a user layout can be styled by a template. So it would be good if you could manually override the template setting in the view (i.e. when you select the menu option latest)

Thanks!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87965 by william white
I dont think the user belongs to a regular k2 category so i dont think that will work.
a user belongs to a k2 user group
Categories use overrides
Each override can have a user.php file and a few others that you are free to customize for use with that category
If you want to affect everything on the site edit the user.php in the k2 component directory

• Thanasi Gray
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87966 by Thanasi Gray
I thought the user.php file sat outside of the template folders:

templates/mytemplate/com_k2/user.php

Them templates:

templates/mytemplate/com_k2/myk2template/category.php

or default:

templates/mytemplate/com_k2/default/category.php

So there is only one user.php file that can be changed. Seems a little limiting compared to the way you can template categories and items in a category....

There is the latest.php file too, but when using the 'user' view and not the 'category' view of this template then the one in the default directory is used - which comes back to my original point. In the options for this view IF selecting user as the source of the view then it wouldbe nice to select the template to use (the latest.php file is included with a template clone:

templates/mytemplate/com_k2/myk2template/latest.php ) so it therefore open up a better styling capabilities for the latest view option in user mode :-)

Thanks.

William White said:I dont think the user belongs to a regular k2 category so i dont think that will work. a user belongs to a k2 user group
Categories use overrides
Each override can have a user.php file and a few others that you are free to customize for use with that category
If you want to affect everything on the site edit the user.php in the k2 component directory