Keyword

K2 JavaScript problems

• ak2user
  • ak2user's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87973 by ak2user
K2 JavaScript problems was created by ak2user
K2 v2.3

K2 JavaScript causes “Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site - Operation aborted” error.

If I disable System - K2 plug-in, the page loads normally.

Specifically this bit of code seems to be responsible:

Problems occur in ie6 and ie7, ie8 seems to be ok. But I have ie7, ie8 as portable applications (Utilu IE Collection).

My question is, how can I stop this bit of JavaScript from loading? And I did not even plan to use rating functionality for anything.

More info about the “Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site - Operation aborted” error:
social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/334e42a4-241d-4ca0-9521-c805660921f8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87974 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 JavaScript problems
The editor stripped out your code. Put it in a text file and attach it to your comments or add a screen shot of the code along with the screen with the error message

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87975 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 JavaScript problems
Hi. Probably it has to do with the unofficial standalone versions or Internet Explorer that you are using. K2 has been tested on every version of Internet Explorer and works fine. You can also post the site URL here and let some users to access it using Internet Explorer.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• ak2user
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87976 by ak2user
Replied by ak2user on topic K2 JavaScript problems
Interesting.

I have ie6 on xp sp3. I never use ie for internet browsing and I never update it or windows.

Probably, Microsoft issued some fix for the “Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site - Operation aborted” error and all k2 testing was done on systems with that fix installed.

I cannot provide url for my site as I am developing it on localhost. But if my supposition is correct the error should manifest on any k2 (v2.3) site opened with ie6 without the appropriate fix installed.

I am attaching a text file with the code stripped by the editor.

I singled out this code by saving my page as a static page and then removing the code.

Still, how can I stop this code from loading, as I said before I do not need rating functionality on this particular site. I guess that would require editing these files: \plugins\system\k2.php and \components\com_k2\js\k2.js.
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 day ago #87977 by Scott Hoenes
Replied by Scott Hoenes on topic K2 JavaScript problems
I get the exact same problem on a site we're working on. I can't make any sense of it either, been searching for two days for some answer.

As soon as I deactivate k2, the site works.

site is located here, (www.pagovernorsconferenceforwomen.org/) as soon as I turn off "System - K2" it works fine.

I'm sure k2 works in ie6, I just don't know what else is wrong that it would make my entire site go blank if I go to any of the pages in the navigation menu.

More
14 years 21 hours ago #87978 by Scott Hoenes
Well, my fix was update mootools.js in the theme folder. Don't know if that will work for you, but that at least lets the page load, I still get js errors but the page loads, so it's a step in the right direction.

Scott Hoenes said:I get the exact same problem on a site we're working on. I can't make any sense of it either, been searching for two days for some answer.
As soon as I deactivate k2, the site works.

site is located here, (www.pagovernorsconferenceforwomen.org/) as soon as I turn off "System - K2" it works fine.

I'm sure k2 works in ie6, I just don't know what else is wrong that it would make my entire site go blank if I go to any of the pages in the navigation menu.

• ak2user
More
13 years 11 months ago #87979 by ak2user
"Well, my fix was update mootools.js in the theme folder."

How is this done?

More
13 years 11 months ago #87980 by Scott Hoenes
perhaps I spoke too soon, as I have gone back to disabling the "System - K2" plug in and everything works again, even the blog page. So I don't know how that's working correctly, but it is.

As far as updating of mootools went, inside my template folder there's a js folder with all the javascript pertaining to that theme, I updated the mootools.js that was in there.

ak2user said:"Well, my fix was update mootools.js in the theme folder."
How is this done?

• ak2user
More
13 years 11 months ago #87981 by ak2user
After reading your statements I enabled the “System - Update Mootools” plug-in. Now my pages load in ie6 without showing any errors. There are some display issues for certain elements but these are due to a complex template I am using (separate style sheets for different versions of ie, etc).

More
13 years 11 months ago #87982 by Scott Hoenes
where did you find "System - Mootools Update" I could only find the Ki Mootools Control, and I still have issues.

ak2user said:After reading your statements I enabled the “System - Update Mootools” plug-in. Now my pages load in ie6 without showing any errors. There are some display issues for certain elements but these are due to a complex template I am using (separate style sheets for different versions of ie, etc).