Keyword

K2 and Sh404sef

• puneet
  • puneet's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88084 by puneet
K2 and Sh404sef was created by puneet
I tried using k2 sh404sef, but was not able to remove categories from the urlMy url look like thismysite.com/categry/title-aliasI want my urls like thismysite.com/title-aliasPlease tell me how to do it.Thanks in Advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88085 by Anything Digital
Replied by Anything Digital on topic K2 and Sh404sef
Hi Folks. I'm the owner of Anything Digital LLC who manage and distribute the sh404SEF project. There apparently has been some confusion here, so let me try and straighten it out.

1. The K2 team authors and maintains their own sh404SEF plugin and the parameters for this plugin are specified in the K2 config. At this time, they have not implemented the ability to include or exclude the categories from the URLs generated via sh404SEF. sh404SEF supports this type of feature (ie. with com_content), but K2 has not yet implemented it.

2. We have provided a short-term hack for immediate use, feature suggestions and code samples for K2. It is all documented here: dev.anything-digital.com/Forum/sh404SEF/8113-K2-articles-url/

Fotis tells me that this will be implemented in K2 version 2.4, though I do not have the details of the implementation.

3. sh404SEF is a commercial, GPL-licensed extension available for $35. We do bundle sh404SEF with other products at other price points, but if you only need sh404SEF, it costs $35 (and not $250 as has been suggested in this thread).

Hope that clears things up. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88086 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic K2 and Sh404sef
Hello V-man, and thanks for providing this information. I only grabbed the package pricing from your site and did not see an option to purchase sh404SEF only, so I appreciate you clarifying this for people. I did state that there was a smaller bundle that also included it for $65, but it's nice to see you can purchase it separately if that's all you need. I also think the way you handled this issue was great. I'll certainly try and advocate for your patch with the Joomlaworks guys.

V-man said:Hi Folks. I'm the owner of Anything Digital LLC who manage and distribute the sh404SEF project. There apparently has been some confusion here, so let me try and straighten it out.
1. The K2 team authors and maintains their own sh404SEF plugin and the parameters for this plugin are specified in the K2 config. At this time, they have not implemented the ability to include or exclude the categories from the URLs generated via sh404SEF. sh404SEF supports this type of feature (ie. with com_content), but K2 has not yet implemented it.

2. We have provided a short-term hack for immediate use, feature suggestions and code samples for K2. It is all documented here: dev.anything-digital.com/Forum/sh404SEF/8113-K2-articles-url/

Fotis tells me that this will be implemented in K2 version 2.4, though I do not have the details of the implementation.

3. sh404SEF is a commercial, GPL-licensed extension available for $35. We do bundle sh404SEF with other products at other price points, but if you only need sh404SEF, it costs $35 (and not $250 as has been suggested in this thread).

Hope that clears things up. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88087 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 and Sh404sef
V-man,

Thanks for taking the time to clarify this long standing issue.
It is something I have been trying to resolve for a very long time for users here and myself without not much success and have resided to use just Joomla inbuilt SEF as it worked out the box.

When 2.4 comes out, I certainly would like to revisit SEF again with sh404SEF and be able to write a guide on simon.getk2.org on how to integrate and use the two components together.

Feel free to contact me so we can discuss off topic, so that I can achieve this.

Simon
K2 Support