Keyword

How to change Duplicate "TAG" urls

• Scott Simpson
  • Scott Simpson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88096 by Scott Simpson
How to change Duplicate "TAG" urls was created by Scott Simpson
Hi to all. Has anyone every tried to stip the tag urls so they don't dupicate for every catagory. For example:I post an aticle using K2 and i apply a TAG such as " street crime " from a catagory called education. the non sef url looks like this:

index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=2&task=tag%3D+street+crime&view=itemlist

with ACESEF on it looks like this. mysite.com/education/tags/street-crimewhat i want to do is change the url code so the catagory is never lncluded in the tag url. i have tried working with the k2_com helpers/route.php file here....function getTagRoute($tag) {        $needles = array (        'tag'=>$tag        );        $link = 'index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=tag&tag='.urlencode($tag);        if ($item = K2HelperRoute::_findItem($needles)) {            $link .= '&Itemid='.$item->id;        }        ;but can't get the result im looking for. But i know there are also lines which echo the tag urls with in the template files, such as catagoryItem & Item.phpI could use ACESEF, but i dont want to have to rewrite every TAG which is created by the site users. All ideas & help is much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scott Simpson
  • Scott Simpson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88097 by Scott Simpson
Replied by Scott Simpson on topic How to change Duplicate "TAG" urls
Sorry its not a duplicate url issue.

But the tags seem to be catagory related. is there a way to show all related tags by the same word e.g " money " so all articles which are taged with the word " Money " are show fom all catagories.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.