Keyword

Looks like Superblogger, but it's not Superblogger, so I need help

• Fenrir
  • Fenrir's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88106 by Fenrir
I've installed K2 and looked promising, but there are somethings I don't like. Actually I have the superblogger plugin, it allows me to decide which features to show in my content and I can load module positions to enhance my content with modules like adsense, sexy bookmarks and some others.

(BTW, I don't like to have diferent font sizes before readmore and after, that's one thing I don't like from superblogger and the lack of interest of JoomlaWorks in this plugin and one bug that happens when an article is not published and shows a 404 error in frontpage or category view)

With K2 I can't personalize the content in the way I want, at least not as easy. I need to know how can I disable features like "related video" and "image gallery" (they appear even when I haven't published a video or gallery). 

Also, I want to disable Ajax rating, font resizer, bookmarks, latest author articles. I want to load module positions too.

I guess I have to do those things in the PHP code, but I don't like to touch the code then update then modify again and repeat again, and make this for every site. So, I was wondering if there's a way to personalize my K2 content like in superblogger (I found nothing in the parameters).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88107 by Make Good MEdia
mmm,..take time and get to know your Future best friend. Toy around with it, Tinker with it. eventually you will find its far the best blogging platform. Actually its suits almost any tasks you throw at it.

go to simon wells site k2joom. I believe their are numerous Tutorials that will get you in the right direction

Toronto Web Deveopers

• Fenrir
  • Fenrir's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88108 by Fenrir
Thanks for your reply.

I have searched either K2 documentation and K2Joom, but no luck. I think my best friend would be Wordpress for Joomla Component, but since corePHP haven't released version for WP 3.0, I decided to look around the CCK components from Joomla.

I cannot find easy ways to personalize K2 as actually I can do with superblogger. And, it worries me if I decide to migrate to next joomla's core content components or wordpress and K2 maybe isn't compatible with future versions of both CMS, but only compatible with future versions of K2 itself.

If there's an easy way to personalize K2, i would like someone get me in the right direction, because as is actually, it's not intuitive to get the info to personalize this component, I suggest making a better guidance for how to personalize K2.

Sorry for the Bad english.

Steve Karol said:mmm,..take time and get to know your Future best friend. Toy around with it, Tinker with it. eventually you will find its far the best blogging platform. Actually its suits almost any tasks you throw at it. go to simon wells site k2joom. I believe their are numerous Tutorials that will get you in the right direction

Toronto Web Deveopers