Keyword

Install Issues - Failed to move file

• Ron Cochran
  • Ron Cochran's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88185 by Ron Cochran
Install Issues - Failed to move file was created by Ron Cochran
Tried to install the K2_v2.3 zip file and I get "warning, failed to move file."  I tried this on multiple joomla installations I have on the same host and all produce the same error.  The hosting environment is windows so I can't grant 777 but I granted "Everyone" the "full control" property for all directories which I think is the equivalent.  Once this failed, I finally just tried to move all the bits over manually to the appropriate folders in my joomla installation but it does not seem to recognize the elements just by virtue of me moving them over manually.  Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88186 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Install Issues - Failed to move file
Check and see if you have a temp or tmp directory and check its permissions. That message may be that the file is not getting to your server.
Have other extensions/plugins installed ok?

• Ron Cochran
  • Ron Cochran's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88187 by Ron Cochran
Replied by Ron Cochran on topic Install Issues - Failed to move file
Hello, I do have a tmp directory and it is identified in the configuration.php file as well. I also Checked the permissions and as I said before from top level all the way down to all child directories, I have Everyone full control. I tried to install another module and it produced the same error.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88188 by irish
Replied by irish on topic Install Issues - Failed to move file
Hmmmmm!

Hi there Ron,
What version of Joomla are you running?

Just out of curiosity, do you have the "FTP Settings" in the main Joomla Global configuration enabled?
administrator/global configuration/server
If so try turning it off.

-or- the Legacy Plugin activated?
if so try disabling it.

Try downloading a fresh copy of K2v2.3 before your install.

I only use linux servers at this time and tried to duplicate this with no success, the environments are to different animals.

irish

Ron Cochran said:Hello, I do have a tmp directory and it is identified in the configuration.php file as well. I also Checked the permissions and as I said before from top level all the way down to all child directories, I have Everyone full control. I tried to install another module and it produced the same error.