Keyword

problem with user profile creation / editing from the frontend

• Pietro Suffritti
  • Pietro Suffritti's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88201 by Pietro Suffritti
Maybe in "report Bugs" i can be more luckily?because i start thinking tha this is a bug...ok, here is the problem:when we try to create a new user from frontend, all parameters that don't belong to joomla base are totally ignored, and when we check the new user into the backend they doesn't have the checkbox that permit to select him into the K2 User tag.if we edit him from the backend clicking under the name, we are able to add description, avatar, sex and URL, and after that in the backend we can see the checkbox, but also in this case if we try to edit that parameters from the frontend via the user profile pages they doesn' change anything, and we have no errors (they say that they have correctly save our modifications, but if we check the "my page" we don't see anything changed).another strange thing happening is that when someone try to click over "create a profile" the error Notice: Object of class UserViewRegister could not be converted to int in /var/www/vhosts/tdm-modena.it/httpdocs/plugins/system/k2.php on line 146comes up in top of siteafter viewing the problem, we have thinked that they may be because we haven't installed GAvatar. so we have tried to install GAvatar: doesn't work, so we have uninstalled it.We have seen that with RokDownloads they can be problems, so we have uninstalled it: nothing changed.we have tried with the module that extend the filed number, nothing to do.i've double checked: the login module used is the one from K2.We have checked if it is a permission problem, but despite the fact that K2 seems not using the FTP upload joomla facility that we normally use into Joomla, seems that isn't the problem (we have tried to change file owner and permission and nothing changed)we are using Joomla 1.5.20 and K2 2.3 , the website is www.tdm-modena.it , and we use the Affinity template from rockettheme, that is K2 compliantsomeone knows, by the way, if this is / can be caused by the interaction with Rokbridge, the user bridge to PHPBB ?we are almost desperate: someone (something can be good also ^__^ ) can help us?K2 is too powerful to abandon it, but this is a major problem that make it unuseful...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88202 by Lefteris
Hi. It seems like a template issue. Try to add the following code in the registration form:
. After doing so the registration should work normally.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Pietro Suffritti
  • Pietro Suffritti's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88203 by Pietro Suffritti
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. It seems like a template issue. Try to add the following code in the registration form:

sorry, what code?

More
14 years 1 week ago #88204 by Francesca
Solved! I've found the solution on Rockettheme Forum!
See the attached file!
Attachments: