Problem importing k2 items

• Peter Drienovsky
  • Peter Drienovsky's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88207 by Peter Drienovsky
Problem importing k2 items was created by Peter Drienovsky
Hi,

i am new to work with k2 component, i have some problems ia wanto to ask for:

i try to make import script into k2 items / need to import hundereds of items, but not standard joomla articles/, everything is good, item is added to db, i can also see it in my administration. But only "small" bug, i can not see it on frontend, where can be a problem?

is there some other table except _k2_items to be affected?

and my second question. i have about 100 subcategories in k2 category and i need it split to more pages, can i set it somewhere in category confuguration in administrator?

thanks for replies

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88208 by irish
Replied by irish on topic Problem importing k2 items
I take it that you have all the item tables setup correctly? and in those tables you have assigned each item to a category? Try to open one item and see if it has a k2 category assigned and save it to see if it shows up. If problem continues try to import to regular joomla sections, categories and articles, then in k2 on main dashboard at the top click to "Import Joomla Content".

Is this for a content generator type of import or saved data from a previous k2 database? if so what version of k2?

__________i try to make import script into k2 items / need to import hundereds of items, but not standard joomla articles/, everything is good, item is added to db, i can also see it in my administration. But only "small" bug, i can not see it on frontend, where can be a problem?

• Peter Drienovsky
More
14 years 1 week ago #88209 by Peter Drienovsky
Replied by Peter Drienovsky on topic Problem importing k2 items
my question is what tables are affected when i create new item in k2? in k2_item table everything seems to be OK, i see imported items in administration. What other tables should i control?

no it is not any type of content like previous database or joomla articles. I simply need to create content structure from directory/file structure i have on server..

• Peter Drienovsky
More
14 years 1 week ago #88210 by Peter Drienovsky
any suggestions? and what about paging categories? i want to have f.e. 20 subcategosries in category listings, can i set it somehow?

thanks

More
14 years 1 week ago #88211 by irish
Hi Peter,
Just the items and attachments tables

Peter D. said:my question is what tables are affected when i create new item in k2? in k2_item table everything seems to be OK, i see imported items in administration. What other tables should i control? no it is not any type of content like previous database or joomla articles. I simply need to create content structure from directory/file structure i have on server..

More
14 years 1 week ago #88212 by irish
Peter D.
For your custom import script I would create an "item" test article with images, attachments, text etc.within k2 and then check that item in the data table against your created import for any differences. If you already have k2 content items be sure that there are not duplicate item id's.

irish

Peter D. said:any suggestions? and what about paging categories? i want to have f.e. 20 subcategosries in category listings, can i set it somehow?
thanks

• Peter Drienovsky
More
14 years 1 week ago #88213 by Peter Drienovsky
that is exactly what i did, made test items in category a want import. Evereything looks OK, but when i try to get in category on forntend category is empty.

Next strange thing is my "imported" k2 items are displayed in search , but when i click on concrete item i get 404.

example

www.basgitarista.sk/index.php?searchword=acdc&ordering=&searchphrase=all&Itemid=2&option=com_search

i dont really understand where isd a problem.

• Peter Drienovsky
More
14 years 1 week ago #88214 by Peter Drienovsky
problem is somehow solved, but i have problem with 2nd one.. how to make subcategories to be paged? in some categories i have a lot of subcategories and page is after that very slow.