Keyword

content module blank

• Leah Bartlett
  • Leah Bartlett's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88277 by Leah Bartlett
content module blank was created by Leah Bartlett
When trying to use the K2 content module, the module creates a space for the module on the front end, shows the Title, but does not pull any of the K2 content.It does this for both when trying to show a category or specific items.anyone know a fix for this?  When using Firebug to look at the problem, it appears the layout for the module is present, just no actual content.Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88278 by irish
Replied by irish on topic content module blank
Hi Leah!

would you be willing to post a pic of all the k2_content module settings?

Thanks
irish

• Leah Bartlett
More
14 years 1 week ago #88279 by Leah Bartlett
Replied by Leah Bartlett on topic content module blank
Here you go! Thanks!

irish said:Hi Leah!
would you be willing to post a pic of all the k2_content module settings?

Thanks
irish

More
14 years 1 week ago #88280 by irish
You have the module set to" Retrieve items from categories" then added items "camelot" and "ridge" below. I take it these two items are in the selected category. Try to remove the two items and save, the module should show the items of the category that you have selected in the Category filter without adding items.

Try disabling this module and create a new one from the new link in the module manager, select " Retrieve items from categories" in the source, choose your category and don't change anything else, save and see what happens.

Do you have any duplicate categories that might not have items in it? Just checking. Check the file paths to the items and read Johan Jacobs post.

Sorry I should have asked for a link to the site earlier, if you could post for me.

Leah Bartlett said:Here you go! Thanks!

irish said:Hi Leah! would you be willing to post a pic of all the k2_content module settings?

Thanks
irish

• Leah Bartlett
More
14 years 1 week ago #88281 by Leah Bartlett
Couldn't get it after the above suggestions, I tried it both with just the category view and with the specific item view.

site is: test.buildersofhope.org

you will see on the main page there is a 'Featured Property' Module on the right with nothing in it.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88282 by irish
Hi Leah,
You have the site off line. Add me as a friend and pm a user/ pass to take a look.
thanks
Leah Bartlett said:Couldn't get it after the above suggestions, I tried it both with just the category view and with the specific item view. site is: test.buildersofhope.org

you will see on the main page there is a 'Featured Property' Module on the right with nothing in it.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88283 by irish
Hi Leah,

Remove the SEO chars within the "Parameters" Button found at the top of the main dashboard. I did not want to remove them. In that seo section(way at the bottom) try to remove everything that is there, I don't see sh404sef installed on your system. Then add back into the "SEF URL character replacements" section "Array" without qotes. I believe this may be causing a conflict with the way the k2 module needs to call the item path.

Using firefox check your error console, go through the listed errors and clean up what you can. There are some css errors and I see an extra "}" left in the template.css one is around line 34. Just a suggestion. I don't see any javascript errors.

• Leah Bartlett
More
14 years 1 week ago #88284 by Leah Bartlett
Thanks -

I tried the SEO/SEF instructions below, and it didn't fix it.

I am going through my CSS errors now, thanks for the heads up!

irish said:Hi Leah,
Remove the SEO chars within the "Parameters" Button found at the top of the main dashboard. I did not want to remove them. In that seo section(way at the bottom) try to remove everything that is there, I don't see sh404sef installed on your system. Then add back into the "SEF URL character replacements" section "Array" without qotes. I believe this may be causing a conflict with the way the k2 module needs to call the item path.

Using firefox check your error console, go through the listed errors and clean up what you can. There are some css errors and I see an extra "}" left in the template.css one is around line 34. Just a suggestion. I don't see any javascript errors.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88285 by irish
OK Leah,

If you post the module to all menu items on the left of the module setup page it will show on other pages but not the home page. One of the modules, or something loading on the home page is causing a conflict in either javascript, mootools, css etc.

Leah Bartlett said:Thanks -
I tried the SEO/SEF instructions below, and it didn't fix it.

irish said:Hi Leah, Remove the SEO chars within the "Parameters" Button found at the top of the main dashboard. I did not want to remove them. In that seo section(way at the bottom) try to remove everything that is there, I don't see sh404sef installed on your system. Then add back into the "SEF URL character replacements" section "Array" without qotes. I believe this may be causing a conflict with the way the k2 module needs to call the item path.

• Leah Bartlett
More
14 years 1 week ago #88286 by Leah Bartlett
Ah. you are completely right. I have disable all the modules on the homepage and it still will not work. I'll keep digging. I know it was conflicting with the mod_sidenews on the backpages. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

irish said:OK Leah,
If you post the module to all menu items on the left of the module setup page it will show on other pages but not the home page. One of the modules, or something loading on the home page is causing a conflict in either javascript, mootools, css etc.

Leah Bartlett said:Thanks - I tried the SEO/SEF instructions below, and it didn't fix it.

irish said:Hi Leah, Remove the SEO chars within the "Parameters" Button found at the top of the main dashboard. I did not want to remove them. In that seo section(way at the bottom) try to remove everything that is there, I don't see sh404sef installed on your system. Then add back into the "SEF URL character replacements" section "Array" without qotes. I believe this may be causing a conflict with the way the k2 module needs to call the item path.