Keyword

Any way to only display the category description on the first page of the category

• John mcelborough
  • John mcelborough's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88319 by John mcelborough
Hi guys, I'm sure this is a pretty simple hack but I can't work it out- can anyone help.In my top level category i've got about 200 items so i've got 10+ pages of pagination. What I want to do is have the first category page display the description at the top but then when people click onto page 2, page 3 etc of the paginated results I don't want the category description to be repeated on each page.If thats not clear have a look at www.loveibiza.net/hotels/ibiza-hotelsYou can see on this page it displays the category description then lists the first 30 items in the category. Thats coolIf you then click onto next to go to www.loveibiza.net/hotels/ibiza-hotels/Page-2You get the category description again then the next 30 items. On this page I don't want to display the description, only the item list.This is a killer for SEO on big sites so any ideas much appreciated.CheersJohn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John mcelborough
  • John mcelborough's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88320 by John mcelborough
Worked out a way to do this by looking at the url, it its got a limitstart in it don't display the description.

Sure this can't be the best way to do it but whatever!
Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #88321 by Damien Fegan
Would you be able to give me a few more details on how to fix this. We have the same problem on our site with the Category Descriptions repeating over 10+ Pages. Where do I find the code that i Need to alter.

Thanks