Keyword

Image resizing and K2

• Rob Honeywill
  • Rob Honeywill's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88336 by Rob Honeywill
Image resizing and K2 was created by Rob Honeywill
Hello,I am getting a bit confused about how K2 handles image resizing and am hoping somebody can explain to me the following:1. I am using Simple Image Gallery and uploading zip files. Are the images in the zip files supposed to be resized, as they don't seem to be? The issue I have is non-technical users loading up files that are far too big, both in terms of width and height and file size. I was hoping they would be resized - as the resulting slide show is too slow to load and the dimensions too big to fit on the screen properly. I can put up with the file size issue if they are (supposed to be) resized somewhere and those ones used.2. When a user editing a front end article inserts an image (uploading from their local machine) they can visually resize it, but when the article is loaded again the image takes a long time to display - indicating that it is using the originally uploaded file - is this true.I have looked at my parameters and category parameters and can see nothing wrong there. The article images (as in the one set on the image tab) seem to take account of file size settings and are resized properly.Thanks,Rob H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 days ago #88337 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Image resizing and K2
1. K2 resizes the Item images you select in the Image Tab, not the gallery tab. Sig uses the original images.
2. I think you are correct - to verify download the images and check the size against the original ones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.