Keyword

how to create k2 "add new item" button?

• Regdomain
  • Regdomain's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88339 by Regdomain
how to create k2 "add new item" button? was created by Regdomain
how to create k2 "add new item" button via joomla menu manager? there is no such option in K2. I have read several topics about "add new item" button in K2 profile but .. I can not see profile of K2 and have no idea where it could be. I have JomSocial installed probably K2 has some conflict with it? I have by default uncheked K2 profile in parameters then enabled it to find it finally. Nothing changed - there is no link to profile or something like that. What I need is simple add items to K2 catalog for users with special rights - author and publisher. Where is it? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88340 by irish
Replied by irish on topic how to create k2 "add new item" button?
Hi Regdomain,

I think there might be some confusion. In the menu manager of Joomla yes you can create a menu button just like "Home" "Articles" "Shop" "Catalog" etc just like for any other joomla section or category link. The difference in k2 is that the article are called an Item so yes you can create a link button for a k2 item that will allow a user to navigate to the "Item" page.

Quote: What I need is simple add items to K2 catalog for users with special rights - author and publisher. Where is it?
The above is a different creature: In your k2 dashboard/user groups you can define a user group with special permissions and assign users to that special group. They then will have permissions to add what ever content you setup permissions for.

Cheers!

• Regdomain
  • Regdomain's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88341 by Regdomain
Replied by Regdomain on topic how to create k2 "add new item" button?
Thank you for the reply. Now I can see that mysterious button :) I think that adding link to the front end editing would be a good idea as well because many people used to have such button in menu.