Keyword

Where is the html file K2 writes to?

• Andrew Myers
  • Andrew Myers's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88390 by Andrew Myers
Where is the html file K2 writes to? was created by Andrew Myers
Where does K2 write the html?Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88391 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Where is the html file K2 writes to?
I'm not following you, can you clarify the question? K2 is a component for Joomla, and as such works the same way as other Joomla components. There is no writing of html... only reading of database entries, template files, .css files and javascript, and the standard PHP emitting of html.

• Andrew Myers
More
14 years 1 week ago #88392 by Andrew Myers
Replied by Andrew Myers on topic Where is the html file K2 writes to?
I want to edit the class in the picture provided, so i can make the pictures uniform in the K2 category. If you know of another way to make the category image height fixed, or to find the html file used please let me know.
P.S
Ive tried root index
template index
default template in k2 index

Thanks

More
14 years 1 week ago #88393 by David R.
The picture, or even better, a link to your site + picture would be better to help you with this.

In general, you need to copy the template you want to change from the K2 tmpl directory to your template directory if you want to customize it. If this is a picture associated with the category, you can change that in the category configuration.

• Andrew Myers
More
14 years 1 week ago #88394 by Andrew Myers
Sorry i forgot to attach the screen shot lols, let me know if you need anything else, thanks for your help.
Andrew

David R. said:The picture, or even better, a link to your site + picture would be better to help you with this.
In general, you need to copy the template you want to change from the K2 tmpl directory to your template directory if you want to customize it. If this is a picture associated with the category, you can change that in the category configuration.
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 week ago #88395 by David R.
I think what you're looking for is in the K2 Parameters screen, there's a setting for the Category icon width. I don't know if there's a setting for height as well -- didn't notice one. The default there is 100px, so if you have much smaller icons, try setting that size and see if that accomplishes your goal.

Andrew Myers said:Sorry i forgot to attach the screen shot lols, let me know if you need anything else, thanks for your help. Andrew

David R. said:The picture, or even better, a link to your site + picture would be better to help you with this. In general, you need to copy the template you want to change from the K2 tmpl directory to your template directory if you want to customize it. If this is a picture associated with the category, you can change that in the category configuration.

• Andrew Myers
More
14 years 1 week ago #88396 by Andrew Myers
Im sorry i need to set the height, but there is no option in k2, do you have any ideas on how to fix the height?
Ive edited line 344 in the k2.css and it sets it how i want it but all categorys is the same size what i dont want.
Any Ideas
Thanks

• Andrew Myers
More
14 years 1 week ago #88397 by Andrew Myers
Sorry for my horrible grammer, im trying to respond on my phone,

More
14 years 1 week ago #88398 by David R.
That's not controlled in the .css. It's actually coded into the /components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php template file.

The height is set to auto.

However the width is not set to auto, so if what you want is to have the images be exactly what they are sized to be, you can copy the category template file to your template directory and edit it there to overrride the default.

Look for the comment for the code.

Copy whatever you need into the /templates/yourtemplate/html dir. You should replicate the path from the k2 component dir, so it should look like:

/templates/yourtemplate/html/com_k2/default