Keyword

Images in category view layout

• paul orford
  • paul orford's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88484 by paul orford
Images in category view layout was created by paul orford
Hi

newbie to K2 although really enjoying finding my way round this awesome component.

Re. the attached screenshot of a category view layout, is it possible to get a thumbnail version of the main image from each item to show either left or right aligned within the introtext of each item?

Cheers

Paul

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 2 weeks ago #88485 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Images in category view layout
Of course you can. Go to the category's parameters and on the first set of parameters, you select leading, primary, etc., and underneath the image size. Every item that has an item image it will be shown.

• paul orford
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88486 by paul orford
Replied by paul orford on topic Images in category view layout
Hi Yiota

Thanks for the reply. Guess I am missing something obvious but I still can't get the thumbnail images to show. In the relvant category parameters, I changed the image size for leading, primary etc to "small" but no image thumbnail is showing with the introtext for the category items.

Just to confirm, these images are embedded in the html code of the item itself and NOT added via the "image" tab on the add/edit item page. Is it still possible to get the image to show in the category view this way?

Cheers

Paul

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 2 weeks ago #88487 by Yiota
Thank you for clarifying that. The introtext is being cleaned up, that is why you cannot see your images. Go to the general parameters on K2 and locate the Content Cleanup Settings . Enable it for the introtext and where it says Enter which HTML tags not to strip in introtext, add img and every other html tag you don't want to strip.

I would recommend to use the item image though and not embed images to the text, it would be easier and cleaner.

• paul orford
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88488 by paul orford
Replied by paul orford on topic Images in category view layout
Hi Yiota

thanks for the information.

I did manage to figure out that I had to add the image via the image tab rather than embed in the article and all is now fine thanks.

Just one other question of you don't mind. Is it possible to set "general configuration" for items. When I add or edit an item, I can set various options under "Item view options". Is it possible to set these globally so they are the same for every item?

Many thanks again.

paul

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 2 weeks ago #88489 by Yiota
You can have the parameters in each parent category so as not to fill them each time separately for each item. If you have a common style for both list style and items then you should just put the parameters in one category and all others to Inherit parameters from her (there is an option on the left, right under the parent in every category).

More
12 years 11 months ago #88490 by faris jamil
Replied by faris jamil on topic Images in category view layout
dear sirs

iam new to k2 , i set the limit of introtext 20 but i lost the pic vew , i did search in here and find answer

to set Content Cleanup Settings , idid and i attached pic to my param

please help to fix this isseo in this page

aljaleya.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&l...

thanks