Keyword

Template Layouts

More
14 years 6 days ago #88500 by Ian
Template Layouts was created by Ian
I'm looking to set up a site completely in K2 as it will be easier for the end user to add new content (so I hope). I want my users to be able to add a photo and have K2 automatically formate the article.The layout comes from one of the 7 (7!) different options.You are unable to pick the layout you want - if you want to show articles by category then you get the category_item layout etc.But what if you like one layout but have to select the article by a different method?I want to show one article (item view) with a photo that shows on the left and text wraps around this. The default item view has the photo first with text underneath.The view I want is already there - category_item.php so I suppose I have to compare this with item.php and copy across the difference and then modify the K2.css.Would be nice if I could in admin choose which view I get - eg item view choose the category item view (too much choice?)Am I on the right track?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 days ago #88501 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Template Layouts
I would start by creating K2 templates and using onecss4k2, seven of them.
After getting them like you want them with test items create new categories and assign each override to a category
Create a user group that has rights to each of the seven categories
create users that are in that user group
Now as the users add items they can choose which category to post the item into and the layout will be chosen for them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.