Keyword

HOW TO DISPLAY ITEMS IN TWO OR MORE COLUMNS ON THE FRONTPAGE USING THE K2 MODULE?

• K lounes
  • K lounes's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 days ago #88525 by K lounes
A big deal breaker is the control and formatting of articles in Joomla and especially on the frontpage.Joomla core does already some good job when templates are well designed. However, K2 is giving us that publisher's community and comment add ons that make it a bit more interesting.

The ideal for me is to have that K2 module have more control, ordering for the frontpage not for the categories.
Or in other words, have a category module that we can plugin on the frontpage as a module to make things more interesting.

I have been checking out K2 for a while, but now that I wanted to use it for a serious project, I have been hesitating because of that lack of control. 

Some suggest to go to the CSS and manipulate ( hack) the K2 code, but again the big dilemma for serious projects is to have to go back and fix that code each time there is an update of a component.

Can anybody help with a different way of having 2 x2 items displayed on the front page in ONE MODULE position not two modules?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• K lounes
  • K lounes's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 days ago #88526 by K lounes
Guys I think there is some good news here. I have read somebody's post and they mentioned making the Home menu button direct to a K2 category. I think it does the job. I have tried it and it sort of works. the only draw back is that you have to select more than one category so that the controls are activated. Then you can pick a lead number, split the columns and size of the image. This last one is the one that gives me some problems. I picked xsmall but the photos are too big. they take the whole two columns overlapping each other.

Does anybody have an idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.