Keyword

k2 Tools Cloude give none working URL combined with sh404sef

• Ingemar Strålberg
  • Ingemar Strålberg's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 days ago #88626 by Ingemar Strålberg
I have a problem of using Swedish Tags containing Å Ä Ö å ä or ö. When I create a tag with this letters, it transform this letters in the URL to a UTF charset. For example: Åby become c835by så Å become a as it should be. The c835by tag URL is also dead so I can't use this tag cloud thing for Swedish words containing Å Ä Ö å ä or ö.Anyone who know hot to fix this? All the other sef url's work just fine except the tag generated URL.I use joomla 1.5.20k2 v2.3sh404SEF v1.0.20-Beta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #88627 by Lefteris
Hi. Maybe this is a sh404SEF issue not K2. What happens if you disable sh404SEF?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ingemar Strålberg
  • Ingemar Strålberg's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 days ago #88628 by Ingemar Strålberg
Replied by Ingemar Strålberg on topic k2 Tools Cloude give none working URL combined with sh404sef
I will describe the issue. I'm working with a site v75tips.nu. This is how it looks with different SEF or no SEF

With sh404sef enabled: v75tips.nu/tag/c385by.html URL is working but but it should be /tag/aby.html in the end.
With Joomla SEF anabled: v75tips.nu/component/k2/itemlist/tag/Åby.html in my display but when I copy the URL it look like this v75tips.nu/component/k2/itemlist/tag/%C3%85by.html This URL working but is not right.
Without any SEF: v75tips.nu/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&tas...Åby in my browser and if I copy that it looks like this v75tips.nu/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&tas.... That is also working, but is not right since I want the tag to be aby, not Åby.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Maybe this is a sh404SEF issue not K2. What happens if you disable sh404SEF?

More
14 years 1 day ago #88629 by David R.
I don't think the url generation code in the k2_tools module uses the same technique as elsewhere, so there's no code to make the url's sh404sef compatible afaik. You would probably need to patch that yourself at this point. Maybe you could get Lefteris to give it the once over. Needless to say, nothing like this would work automatically, but I'm assuming that the sh404SEF overrride ability would kick in. I don't have a copy of sh404SEF myself to play with, so I can't be much more help than that, but the overall support for it was upgraded recently via some patches to the next version, so if you find those commits it might shed light on what you would need, or the sh404SEF folks have patched certain things in the past and might be willing to look into it.