Keyword

using K2 as a primary content driver, pros and cons

• Thomas Johannessen
  • Thomas Johannessen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 days ago #88655 by Thomas Johannessen
using K2 as a primary content driver, pros and cons was created by Thomas Johannessen
i have been using K2 for a intranet&extra solution, and here is some experiences I want to share, and maybe some of you have solutions on my negative experiences...Pro> - categories, access levels is great, this is what joomla should had, and get in 1.6- user modules and presentations, the content as items, with attachements, videos etc is very good.- categorys item presentation configuration, very nice and neat for us who want to controll every single pixel of the output..- control users contribution of content in levels and categories.- search in content, and tagging.- K2 virtuemart bridge K2mart . fantastic. Con>- the search wont show me tags.- no option to deselect the  Show items for user, when listing one.-the module position assignment is not good, if I assign a module slideshow to  a menu item, the module pops up in many other  views of that Category. I tried to solve that with Mod on any page but it does not work into K2 hierarcy.- Im using a menu item pointing to a main category as a joomla start page (default start page) that doesnt work if I closee verything else  for access for non-registered users. And I have to. exept  login and info article.   So I need to hide the Main menu item I use as frontpage in a child item of main menu, and redirect users to my really wanted front page on log in. That works fine, but the Home menu item pops up as a dropdown item on my menu on hoover. im gonna think about how to hide it with a CSS or so, while I drinking a few cans of beer.- K2mart . listing of items on a frontpage, I guess I have same problem with startpage as I already described. Im about to work on that too.
I want this K2 to be my main content driver for sites. but then I need it to be intergtated better in joomla index, search in tags too and some other issues to be solved. I hope you guys sort that out over the nex .. month ??  I gladly pay bucks for it.. sshh..! thanks for a great tool. Please create more Menu item selection features too. I can not show the intranet site to you, but maybe show off some screenshots when I get more content inserted.. What else I want for this is a user feature, where you can add a value on a user. By administrator, lets say I have a group of sales persons, and I want to show out the yop ten monthly  sales people. I then need some sorting data.  Yes I can use the select users, and arrange them, but it would be better to just add a voting/rating on them, (numbers ) and have the module present it dynamically then, so it changes if I only rate one user up..yes a connection to a sales database would be better, but thats another story...  I think I have somebody code that for me some day..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.