Keyword

Add Link to K2 Category Inside Joomla Article?

• Stephanie Benedetto Padovani
  • Stephanie Benedetto Padovani's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #88831 by Stephanie Benedetto Padovani
Add Link to K2 Category Inside Joomla Article? was created by Stephanie Benedetto Padovani
Hi!I've been using K2 on my website quite happily for about 8 months now.  Great extension!I'm using it mainly for items available in my Store.  I would love the ability to link to a K2 category from inside a regular Joomla article.  For example, we're talking about a particular cool pair of shoes and at the bottom a link, "Like these shoes?  Click here for more..."You can check out one of the K2 items on my website here: www.besthudsonvalleyweddingever.com/Accessories-Hairpieces-Sashes-Shawls-etc and more are available under the "Shop" menu.Any idea how this can be accomplished?Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!Stephanie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #88832 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Add Link to K2 Category Inside Joomla Article?
Navigate to the link in your store. copy the link in the browzer, go to your joomla article, highlight the words for a link, click link, and paste the link to the item...manually
automatically would be quite a different story

More
13 years 11 months ago #88833 by Stephanie Benedetto Padovani
Replied by Stephanie Benedetto Padovani on topic Add Link to K2 Category Inside Joomla Article?
Thanks for the response, William.

I understand how to do this with a text link, but I'd love to be able to link right to the K2 category image and description. Maybe a thumbnail and title for the category?

But you've got a good point; this would be a simple solution that I can do NOW while I look for something a little more polished.

William White said:Navigate to the link in your store. copy the link in the browzer, go to your joomla article, highlight the words for a link, click link, and paste the link to the item...manually automatically would be quite a different story

More
13 years 11 months ago #88834 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Add Link to K2 Category Inside Joomla Article?
also, you may try the plugin from nicholas jce advanced link plugin for jce, it will make your life eaiser
search for it here

More
13 years 11 months ago #88835 by Stephanie Benedetto Padovani
Replied by Stephanie Benedetto Padovani on topic Add Link to K2 Category Inside Joomla Article?
William, thanks so much! I think this may be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll check it out and let you know if it works so others can benefit, too.

More
13 years 11 months ago #88836 by Stephanie Benedetto Padovani
Much easier to pull this off. I can also upload an image and easily link it to a K2 item, too. Thanks for the tip!

Stephanie Benedetto Padovani said:William, thanks so much! I think this may be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll check it out and let you know if it works so others can benefit, too.