Keyword

mod_k2_tools search works poorly.

• Linda Cronsten
  • Linda Cronsten's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #88909 by Linda Cronsten
mod_k2_tools search works poorly. was created by Linda Cronsten
Hi.I've finished setting up a subpage on one of my sites using K2. It's a subpage where students can search for programs and courses and other educational ways to get into food science. I've only used k2 on this particular subpage, just because I wanted to have a closed system that could be searched exclusively on educations. The problem is that the search tool works so poorly. I get different results when searching for tags and words in the content. Right now, it looks like it doesn't even search the tags at all. I use the  2.2 version.I've rummaged through the forum looking for a solution. I've tried using the 2.1 plugin version, with no luck. So now I just don't know what to do. It's imperative that the search engine works, and since I don't want to include the rest of my site in this search I have to use the mod_k2_tool. The site is in Swedish but heres a link:  www.livsmedelssverige.se/hem/utbildningar.html?layout=itemFor example: I have a tag called Biologi (biology) and if I search the term Biologi I get 7 hits, but if I turn on the tag cloud and click on the tag "Biologi" I get 30 hits. If I search for Göteborg (Gothenburg) I get 5 hits, but I have 53 articles tagged with the name, and so on. If I search the words Livsmedel (food) and Uppsala, the first result I get is a course about foodbiology in Kristianstad, and its not until search post number 5 that I get a result containing the words Livsmedel and Uppsala. I've tried using + &  AND but I just get the same result. I try searching for the term SLU and I get not a single hit, and yet the programs and courses are set up like this International Food System Analysis - SLU and then tagged under the word SLU, and still no hits. Very odd...I'm pulling my hair on this one. I Love K2 and I've ended up using it solely on two of my site so I really want this to work. :-) Please help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Linda Cronsten
More
13 years 11 months ago #88910 by Linda Cronsten
Replied by Linda Cronsten on topic mod_k2_tools search works poorly.
Well, I updated k2 to 2.41 and still no change. Someone must be looking in to this? Am I doing something wrong? I can't even get the tags to show when I search. :-(

More
13 years 11 months ago #88911 by naftilos
Replied by naftilos on topic mod_k2_tools search works poorly.
I have the same problem. How do we search for all words or exact phrase in k2 tools module?

Linda Cronsten said:Well, I updated k2 to 2.41 and still no change. Someone must be looking in to this? Am I doing something wrong? I can't even get the tags to show when I search. :-(

• Linda Cronsten
More
13 years 11 months ago #88912 by Linda Cronsten
Replied by Linda Cronsten on topic mod_k2_tools search works poorly.
Well, looks like I found one of the issues to this problems. The search does not search in my tags, but adding them to the metadata did the trick. I admit that I've been terribly sloppy and just simply forgot to add metadata. So now I have to go through 400 articles and add the tags to my metadata. Woho... NOT. :-(

But I still think it's weird that even if I have "search tags" the search module does not do that. The other problems persist, and still giving me weird search results. :-(