Keyword

Multiple issues K2

• Jennifer
  • Jennifer's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89034 by Jennifer
Multiple issues K2 was created by Jennifer
I let the site go live despite multiple issues.

I have worked probably 40 hours on this site.. almost non stop. Today I uploaded the K2 2.4.1 and updated the JCE items

koolkwilts.com/

1) No matter where I set parameters (global, categories, global item) I still show the publish info.. date, time, author.. unless I change on each item.  The display shows inherit and I have each item set with category, menu, inherit from category.  I must be missing an over ride?

2) K2 slider will not work on my front Page. It disabled the spotlight on the top.  I did not try it again since the update to 2.4.1

3) I cannot get the gallery Simple Gallery Pro to work. I have followed Simon, Benito's videos, and documentation... but no matter what I do it doesn't work.

{gallery}bandana{/gallery}  I have uploaded the images individually into a folder called bandana undr images/stories  I did not alter the 'root' in Sig Pro as the video said.  I have uploaded the zip file.  I changed all the images to read without spaces or numbers

The (right click on image) Properties to the image as set in the bandana quilting page is

koolkwilts.com/plugins/content/jw_sigpro/sigpro.transparent.gif

the actual image is (right click) koolkwilts.com/images/stories//bandana/koolharley.jpg?ml=5&mlt=system&tmpl=component

I have set to show a single image, there are 7 images. The images are zipped (just the images selected and zipped). 

Should this zip file be located with the images/stories/bandana?  When I upload the zipped file it shows in the Image Gallery, so it must go into sig pro.

If you should visit my site, yes it looks awful. I tried using the Total Control template from Pixel Point Creative, but was unable to control the changes in the total control so edited by code.

Yes, I know the link to the spotlight banner goes to Pixel Point, one more thing to fix. 

I hope I don't lose all my clients with  this switch over. Honestly, I didn't think it would be so difficult. I will stick to Joomla...no more K2 till I figure this out... learning Joomla is probably enough.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it!  I know others have had the same issues, and have read through and tried solutions posted.  There are a lot of changes that I really like, the JCE interface with K2 is awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jennifer
  • Jennifer's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89035 by Jennifer
Replied by Jennifer on topic Multiple issues K2
also.. (sorry!) I renamed the .htaccess folder and enabled SEO settings. This caused pages to not show, so disabled again. This is different now and I am wondering if I am supposed to use settings in the new K2 seo? I do not have
the sh404sef plug in yet as need to deal with the other issues first. Is there a place to read the K2 settings + sh404sef + the .htaccess changes so I can correlate them? Thanks again... someday I will be helping others too, I am sure.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89036 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Multiple issues K2
Hi Jennifer,

For point #3, the K2 gallery images are stored in /media/k2/galleries/. Be sure this directories are writable :

/tmp
/cache
/media/k2/galleries

Your zip must only contain .png or .jpg file (lowercase).

Be sure to use sigpro 2.0.5 and it should work. Got almost 10 websites with this configuration and no problem with K2 & sigpro.

Olivier