Keyword

BUG: Problems with Attachments

• Wire Creative
  • Wire Creative's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89037 by Wire Creative
BUG: Problems with Attachments was created by Wire Creative
I've never been able to get Attachments to work, and on several sites I've simply chosen to ignore that feature entirely, but it would be a big help if I can get it to work on my current site. I'm using K2 ver. 2.4.My problem is, I think, that I override the default joomla and k2 paths for uploaded files. I have a directory off the root called "files" with child directories "images" "docs" "videos" etc.I have set the path overrides in the Joomla configuration & my JCE configuration and they both work fine.In k2's parameters I first set the "Change root attachments folder" to "files" hoping to get the attachments to go right into that directory off the root.After uploading an attachment, I was able to access the new file by clicking the "Download" button in the Item > Attachments tab, but if I tried to use the link displaying in the frontend, I would get a "file doesn't exist" error.Eventually I discovered that my new files were being errantly uploaded to this path:"administrator/files"So I changed the "Change root attachments folder" property to "/files" but now I can't access the "uploaded" attachment from either the frontend or backend and can't figure out where the attached file ended up being saved.Can anyone please help me figure out where to edit the file paths?Thanks,Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89038 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic BUG: Problems with Attachments
Hi. You have to set the absolute filesystem path to this setting in order to make it work. This is done because you may want to move the attachments folder outside the htdocs directory. Thanks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Wire Creative
  • Wire Creative's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89039 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic BUG: Problems with Attachments
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You have to set the absolute filesystem path to this setting in order to make it work. This is done because you may want to move the attachments folder outside the htdocs directory. Thanks.

OK, it would be helpful if the tool-tip for this parameter included this information. It says to use a relative path, and the example it gives is also relative.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89040 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic BUG: Problems with Attachments
Yes you are right we should change the tip. Thanks for committing this issue to us.

wirecreative said:Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You have to set the absolute filesystem path to this setting in order to make it work. This is done because you may want to move the attachments folder outside the htdocs directory. Thanks.

OK, it would be helpful if the tool-tip for this parameter included this information. It says to use a relative path, and the example it gives is also relative.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)