Keyword

Comments not working and I really don't understand much programming speak!

• Annie Zirkel
  • Annie Zirkel's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89058 by Annie Zirkel
Hi,
I have never been able to get the k2 comments section to work. Like some others, I just get a spinning ball but it never posts. 

I've read other forum answers but can't find an answer. I don't know what SIG is but I don't think I have it. I don't know how to check for incompatibility or some of the other suggestions that people have made. 

I had someone help me set the site up but he is long gone and I am trying to figure it out for myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated! And feel free to talk down to me. I won't be offended!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89059 by Doc Chaos
SIG = Simple Image Gallery plugin www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/25/42/

About the rest, all I can really say is "There is a JS conflict somewhere" but I'm sure you have either seen or been told this already. To see what is causing the issues you can try disabling content, k2 and system plugins one at a time and when you find out what plugin is causing the problem we might have more luck finding a work around.

PS A link to your site could help us guess what plugins might be causing the issue ;)

• Annie Zirkel
More
13 years 11 months ago #89060 by Annie Zirkel
Hi Doc - thanks for the info. So here is my simple question: Am I looking for a plugin, a module or a component when I start disabling things? My website is www.anniezirkel.com

Thanks

Doc Chaos said:SIG = Simple Image Gallery plugin www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/25/42/
About the rest, all I can really say is "There is a JS conflict somewhere" but I'm sure you have either seen or been told this already. To see what is causing the issues you can try disabling content, k2 and system plugins one at a time and when you find out what plugin is causing the problem we might have more luck finding a work around.

PS A link to your site could help us guess what plugins might be causing the issue ;)

More
13 years 11 months ago #89061 by Doc Chaos
Unfortunately it could be either, when I'm troubleshooting JS in Joomla, the first thing I do is switch to Rhuk template to see if its my template causing it, if it turns out to be the template I see if there are any settings that might fix it. Some templates use advanced JS libraries that conflict with one another and there are sometimes a compatibility mode available in the settings. After that I'll turn off the modules that I have on that K2 page and rule out modules as the reason. After that checking plugins one at a time will usually find the conflict, depending on what component I'm working with I can narrow down the possible causes. Since K2 is your issue it is most likely a Content, K2 or a System plugin. Components are rarely the cause since you can only have one component per page view ;)

Annie Zirkel said:Hi Doc - thanks for the info. So here is my simple question: Am I looking for a plugin, a module or a component when I start disabling things? My website is www.anniezirkel.com
Thanks

Doc Chaos said:SIG = Simple Image Gallery plugin www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/25/42/ About the rest, all I can really say is "There is a JS conflict somewhere" but I'm sure you have either seen or been told this already. To see what is causing the issues you can try disabling content, k2 and system plugins one at a time and when you find out what plugin is causing the problem we might have more luck finding a work around.

• Annie Zirkel
More
13 years 11 months ago #89062 by Annie Zirkel
Well I switched to Rhuk and I still have the problem. I only have 7-8 modules enabled and I tried each of these to no avail. I went through the plugins again and didn't have any success there either.

Do you have any more ideas? The website is pretty basic so I don't really know where else to look.

Thanks - Annie

Doc Chaos said:Unfortunately it could be either, when I'm troubleshooting JS in Joomla, the first thing I do is switch to Rhuk template to see if its my template causing it, if it turns out to be the template I see if there are any settings that might fix it. Some templates use advanced JS libraries that conflict with one another and there are sometimes a compatibility mode available in the settings. After that I'll turn off the modules that I have on that K2 page and rule out modules as the reason. After that checking plugins one at a time will usually find the conflict, depending on what component I'm working with I can narrow down the possible causes. Since K2 is your issue it is most likely a Content, K2 or a System plugin. Components are rarely the cause since you can only have one component per page view ;)
Annie Zirkel said:Hi Doc - thanks for the info. So here is my simple question: Am I looking for a plugin, a module or a component when I start disabling things? My website is www.anniezirkel.com Thanks

Doc Chaos said:SIG = Simple Image Gallery plugin www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/25/42/ About the rest, all I can really say is "There is a JS conflict somewhere" but I'm sure you have either seen or been told this already. To see what is causing the issues you can try disabling content, k2 and system plugins one at a time and when you find out what plugin is causing the problem we might have more luck finding a work around.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89063 by Doc Chaos
Can you give me a link to a page with comments on?

The only thing I can really suggest after looking (and I'm just guessing) is trying to disable Acymailing modules/plugins etc and if no change there, try enabling the mootools upgrade plugin but the mootools plugin is disabled on my sites so it shouldn't be that o.O

Annie Zirkel said:Well I switched to Rhuk and I still have the problem. I only have 7-8 modules enabled and I tried each of these to no avail. I went through the plugins again and didn't have any success there either.
Do you have any more ideas? The website is pretty basic so I don't really know where else to look.

Thanks - Annie

Doc Chaos said:Unfortunately it could be either, when I'm troubleshooting JS in Joomla, the first thing I do is switch to Rhuk template to see if its my template causing it, if it turns out to be the template I see if there are any settings that might fix it. Some templates use advanced JS libraries that conflict with one another and there are sometimes a compatibility mode available in the settings. After that I'll turn off the modules that I have on that K2 page and rule out modules as the reason. After that checking plugins one at a time will usually find the conflict, depending on what component I'm working with I can narrow down the possible causes. Since K2 is your issue it is most likely a Content, K2 or a System plugin. Components are rarely the cause since you can only have one component per page view ;) Annie Zirkel said:Hi Doc - thanks for the info. So here is my simple question: Am I looking for a plugin, a module or a component when I start disabling things? My website is www.anniezirkel.com Thanks
Doc Chaos said:SIG = Simple Image Gallery plugin www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/25/42/ About the rest, all I can really say is "There is a JS conflict somewhere" but I'm sure you have either seen or been told this already. To see what is causing the issues you can try disabling content, k2 and system plugins one at a time and when you find out what plugin is causing the problem we might have more luck finding a work around. PS A link to your site could help us guess what plugins might be causing the issue ;)

• Annie Zirkel
More
13 years 11 months ago #89064 by Annie Zirkel
Doc Chaos
I tried all the acymailing plugins but nothing helped.

Here is a link to a page with the comments at the end.
www.anniezirkel.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=51:parenting-lessons-from-the-little-red-hen&Itemid=16

Do you see anything? Could it be that I need to update some plugin or module? I have the JCE editor 154 could that mean anything? Obviously I have no clue so thanks for hanging in there with me.

Annie

Doc Chaos said:Can you give me a link to a page with comments on?
The only thing I can really suggest after looking (and I'm just guessing) is trying to disable Acymailing modules/plugins etc and if no change there, try enabling the mootools upgrade plugin but the mootools plugin is disabled on my sites so it shouldn't be that o.O

Annie Zirkel said:Well I switched to Rhuk and I still have the problem. I only have 7-8 modules enabled and I tried each of these to no avail. I went through the plugins again and didn't have any success there either. Do you have any more ideas? The website is pretty basic so I don't really know where else to look.

Thanks - Annie

Doc Chaos said:Unfortunately it could be either, when I'm troubleshooting JS in Joomla, the first thing I do is switch to Rhuk template to see if its my template causing it, if it turns out to be the template I see if there are any settings that might fix it. Some templates use advanced JS libraries that conflict with one another and there are sometimes a compatibility mode available in the settings. After that I'll turn off the modules that I have on that K2 page and rule out modules as the reason. After that checking plugins one at a time will usually find the conflict, depending on what component I'm working with I can narrow down the possible causes. Since K2 is your issue it is most likely a Content, K2 or a System plugin. Components are rarely the cause since you can only have one component per page view ;) Annie Zirkel said:Hi Doc - thanks for the info. So here is my simple question: Am I looking for a plugin, a module or a component when I start disabling things? My website is www.anniezirkel.com Thanks Doc Chaos said:SIG = Simple Image Gallery plugin www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/25/42/ About the rest, all I can really say is "There is a JS conflict somewhere" but I'm sure you have either seen or been told this already. To see what is causing the issues you can try disabling content, k2 and system plugins one at a time and when you find out what plugin is causing the problem we might have more luck finding a work around. PS A link to your site could help us guess what plugins might be causing the issue ;)

More
13 years 11 months ago #89065 by Doc Chaos
No clue ... I only have basic understanding of JS though :(

More
13 years 11 months ago #89066 by Jiliko.net
Hi Annie,

It seems index2.php is missing at the root of your webserver.

You should have this file : www.anniezirkel.com/index2.php

In attachment, the Joomla! 1.5.20 index2.php file

Olivier

• Annie Zirkel
More
13 years 11 months ago #89067 by Annie Zirkel
Hi Olivier,

Thanks for finding this. So to ask some fairly dumb questions. How do I go about getting this file and do I upload it to the ftp? And if so - where exactly do I put it?

Thanks - Annie

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Annie,
It seems index2.php is missing at the root of your webserver.

You should have this file : www.anniezirkel.com/index2.php

In attachment, the Joomla! 1.5.20 index2.php file

Olivier