Keyword

Comments not working and I really don't understand much programming speak!

More
13 years 11 months ago #89068 by Jiliko.net
Annie,

You just have to download the index2.php file from my last post and upload it by ftp to the root of your website. The root of your website is the Joomla! root, where you have the 'administrator', 'components', 'templates', ... folders.

Olivier

Annie Zirkel said:Hi Olivier,
Thanks for finding this. So to ask some fairly dumb questions. How do I go about getting this file and do I upload it to the ftp? And if so - where exactly do I put it?

Thanks - Annie

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Annie, It seems index2.php is missing at the root of your webserver.

You should have this file : www.anniezirkel.com/index2.php

In attachment, the Joomla! 1.5.20 index2.php file

Olivier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Annie Zirkel
  • Annie Zirkel's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89069 by Annie Zirkel
When I click on that attachment link I get a bunch of stuff (pasted below). Am I missing something? I was expecting something to download but don't see how to do this.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89070 by Jiliko.net
Annie,

What you can do is a right click on the file link and select 'Save target as...'. This should work...

After that, just upload the file to your root website...

Olivier

Annie Zirkel said:When I click on that attachment link I get a bunch of stuff (pasted below). Am I missing something? I was expecting something to download but don't see how to do this.

• Annie Zirkel
More
13 years 11 months ago #89071 by Annie Zirkel
OK - so amazingly - I figured out how to right click on a mac, was able to remember my ftp password and managed to upload the file! (This is a huge success in and of itself :-)

I tried to comment again and had some progress. It stopped doing the never-ending spinning arrows and now only gives me this: The Name or Email Address you typed is already in use! Not sure why I can't post with my own name and e-mail address though.

Any chance you have a thought on that? Though I completely understand if you want to be done with me already! I can keep looking for new answers on the forum.

Thanks for ALL your help!!! I thought I might go crazy there for a minute.
~ Annie

Olivier Nolbert said:Annie,
What you can do is a right click on the file link and select 'Save target as...'. This should work...

After that, just upload the file to your root website...

Olivier

Annie Zirkel said:When I click on that attachment link I get a bunch of stuff (pasted below). Am I missing something? I was expecting something to download but don't see how to do this.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89072 by Jiliko.net
Annie,

No problem to help...

If you have an account on the website, you have to be logged in to comment.

If you're not logged in and you use a name or an email that exists in the website user list, you got this error.

Olivier

• Annie Zirkel
More
13 years 11 months ago #89073 by Annie Zirkel
Olivier,

Found the answer on the forum. Actually took out some code and didn't break anything as far as I know;-)
So extremely grateful for your help.

Have a great day!
Annie

Olivier Nolbert said:Annie,
No problem to help...

If you have an account on the website, you have to be logged in to comment.

If you're not logged in and you use a name or an email that exists in the website user list, you got this error.

Olivier