ItemId problems when using K2 modules

• Markus Thiel
  • Markus Thiel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #89074 by Markus Thiel
ItemId problems when using K2 modules was created by Markus Thiel
Hi!

Must say that I really love the K2 extension however I have a problem.. it seems as items dont inherit the itemid from parent categories when using the modules..?

Is there a workaround or hack that you know of? Or will this issue be adressed in upcoming versions of K2?

Ps.
Feel free to try it on www.charterbarometern.se

eg. (same article)

Link from the module:
www.charterbarometern.se/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2:sharm-el-sheikh

Link when clicking down via the menu:
www.charterbarometern.se/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2:sharm-el-sheikh&Itemid=99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89075 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic ItemId problems when using K2 modules
Hi Markus,

Don't know how to solve your exact problem but I've ran into the itemid issue when displaying the tag or author page and with sh404 on.
One hack is to use the Advanced Module Manager (www.nonumber.nl/extensions/advancedmodulemanager) and assign default modules to appear when no itemid is found. Maybe that can solve some of your issues...

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Markus Thiel
  • Markus Thiel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #89076 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic ItemId problems when using K2 modules
Thx for trying to help but my problem is not that the module wont show.. the problem is that the link to the k2 item are lacking itemid :(

Olivier K. said:Hi Markus,
Don't know how to solve your exact problem but I've ran into the itemid issue when displaying the tag or author page and with sh404 on.
One hack is to use the Advanced Module Manager (www.nonumber.nl/extensions/advancedmodulemanager) and assign default modules to appear when no itemid is found. Maybe that can solve some of your issues...

--Olivier

More
13 years 8 months ago #89077 by volatilisjackal
Replied by volatilisjackal on topic ItemId problems when using K2 modules
I to have had this problem.

I have two different links to one item, one with the &Itemid=# at the end and one without.

This is a problem for me becasue i am useing Disqus and comments on one of the pages do not show up on the other.

I have a top category called "latest that i use for my home page that is the parent of all other categories. if i click on a item on this page it brings me to a page without the &Itemid=# in the url. Same gose for links from the modules.

If i go into one of the categories under latest and click an identical item to that above i will get an &Itemid= at the end of the url.

Any help in solving this would be great. thanks.

Would be great if we can get ride of the &Itemid= part at the end of the url.