Keyword

Article author problem: Author extended information not showing and now front end permissions working

• dancing buddha
  • dancing buddha's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89256 by dancing buddha
Hi,
First of all, thank you for building such a nice application.

It is working almost perfectly except few small issues.

Issue1:  

In my online magazine, I have created users and user groups (say 'Author') and have given appropriate permissions to this author group like 'Front End editing', 'Article Submission', 'Commenting' etc except the right to publish.

Now I created an item and assigned the respective author (say 'AUTHOR1') to that item. But the problem is in the extended author info the item is showing admin's avatar image and admin's name and details like latest items by admin.  (though below the item's title it  showing 'Written by AUTHOR1').

Issue2:

Even after logging in as AUTHOR1, there is no front end article editing link, no article submission link etc. on front end.

I am about to publish my magazine and I will be very thankful if someone response ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

I am using of Joomla, K2 and Joomfish (all latest versions).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dancing buddha
More
13 years 11 months ago #89257 by dancing buddha
Hi,

Issue 2 not solved yet.
Issue 1 solved. I got the solution by searching google and this forum for Issue 1. It was the author alias. After removing the author alias, the extended author infos are showing.

But still no luck with issue 2 i.e. no link for front end editing, submissions, etc for authors.

Even there is no log out button. The site seems accepting the user as logged in but there is no extra permissions compared to normal viewers. It is impossible to understand even whether the user is logged in or not :(
Waiting for reply from the members of this forum. :)

Thanks.

• dancing buddha
More
13 years 11 months ago #89258 by dancing buddha
Hi,

Is there anyone to reply to this post ?

I am having all sorts of trouble with K2 log in module. Yesterday I was having trouble with user registration. In the backend it was showing that the created user is logged in but at the front end it was not reflecting (no menu items)... After deleting and recreating the accounts a few times it worked. Today again when I created a new account, again the same problem appeared. It is very frustrating.

Another issue is that when I am into the accounts of users which are working, when I click to any article edit or comment moderation button, the new pop up window has no 'close' button.

Third issue is, some time it is showing 403 access forbidden error when clicking in any menu item after loggin in to front end in users account.

So please help me out guys. Otherwise I will have to decide not using K2 which I do not want to do because of it's other wonderful features.

I am hoping for reply.

• dancing buddha
More
13 years 11 months ago #89259 by dancing buddha
All the log in problems are solved now. The issue was database collation.

Now new problem :

in the link 'Moderate comments to my items'....there is no option for closing the pop up window. Please help