Keyword

a possible bug - hiding attachments in "item view options in category listings" do not work

• alp pp
  • alp pp's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89293 by alp pp
as mentioned in the title, i added a few attachments to a file, and i do not want them to be seen in the category listings -as i'm working on a download based site- but it does not effect the front end, the items in the category listings still do show their attachments... everything else works ok, i can hide/show the the tags, extra fields etc. but the attachments are shown there, i can't make them go away whatever i do..

can anyone guess why? is this a bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alp pp
More
13 years 11 months ago #89294 by alp pp
and yes, i can make the attachments go away by editing the category_item.php, and the case is solved for my site's needs...

but shouldn't it be able do it through the backend too? i really think there is a bug somewhere, but i'm not a coder, so... i can not know exactly... maybe the bug is in the backend coding? just a guess...

More
13 years 11 months ago #89295 by Lefteris
Hi. The setting seems to work fine for me. Can you please check your category settings? Also check that the category that the item belongs to does not inherit settings from another category.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• alp pp
More
13 years 11 months ago #89296 by alp pp
i checked them both.. this is a parent category and effected by no other categories, i changed both parent and child categories to the same setting but it did not work for me? weird but, that's ok i solved the prblem by editing the page... i surely won't need other categories to show attachments, so it's ok for me.. and not a problem if the setting works ok generally...

More
13 years 11 months ago #89297 by Lefteris
Hi. If you have cache enabled the changes might take some time. I cannot think something else right now as i cannot reproduce this behavior. Thanks.

alp pp said:i checked them both.. this is a parent category and effected by no other categories, i changed both parent and child categories to the same setting but it did not work for me? weird but, that's ok i solved the prblem by editing the page... i surely won't need other categories to show attachments, so it's ok for me.. and not a problem if the setting works ok generally...

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• alp pp
More
13 years 11 months ago #89298 by alp pp
of course i checked that, i also tried changing different sections and they wrked instantly..

More
13 years 11 months ago #89299 by Lefteris
What version of K2 are you using? Are you on a PHP 5 or PHP 4 server?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---