K2 category item layout parameters vs. Joomla menu item parameters

• Marko Seppälä
  • Marko Seppälä's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89300 by Marko Seppälä
Hi,

I have created K2 category.
- items count and image sizes are set for leading, pri, sec and links

I have created menu item and linked it to K2 » Itemlist / Category.
- items count and image sizes are set for leading, pri, sec and links

Now my "Front Page" takes items count from menu item but image sizes from category item. Is that how it should be? To me it is a little bit confusing, don't you think?

So, which parameters overrides what?

BR
Marko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89301 by Jiliko.net
Hi Marko,

In the menu item, if you select just one K2 category, you shouldn't be able to modify the layout parameters. The layout parameters from the K2 category will be used.

If you select more than one K2 category, you can set your custom layout parameters for the item menu and normally, all the parameters should override the K2 categories ones.

But....it seems that it's not the case and i can reproduce it on my test server. Items number & columns number for each section are well saved and applied in frontend but images sizes seem either not stored (if i choose 'no image', it's not saved) or stored but in the 2 cases not applied in frontend.

I'm going to contact K2 developers and report this as an eventual bug.

Olivier

• Marko Seppälä
  • Marko Seppälä's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89302 by Marko Seppälä
Thanks in prompt answer. Hope they could fix this :-)

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Marko,
In the menu item, if you select just one K2 category, you shouldn't be able to modify the layout parameters. The layout parameters from the K2 category will be used.

If you select more than one K2 category, you can set your custom layout parameters for the item menu and normally, all the parameters should override the K2 categories ones.

But....it seems that it's not the case and i can reproduce it on my test server. Items number & columns number for each section are well saved and applied in frontend but images sizes seem either not stored (if i choose 'no image', it's not saved) or stored but in the 2 cases not applied in frontend.

I'm going to contact K2 developers and report this as an eventual bug.

Olivier