Keyword

Search Article Titles ONLY?

• Ron Farber
  • Ron Farber's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89362 by Ron Farber
Search Article Titles ONLY? was created by Ron Farber
Anyone know how to do this? I have thousands of articles, and well... I'd like to be able to find articles with the keyword in the TITLE, but dont care if the word is in some other articles content.
For example, a new movie comes out. Iron Man. So I would like all articles related to Iron Man to come up. However, if an actor or actress was in Iron Man.... then in any other movie they do... next to their name is their credits i.e. Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man, Some Other movie, Some other movie).

So the search for Iron Man brings up a zillion articles that are not relevant to the film "iron man" listing anyone and everyone who has ever been in iron man and all the other articles that mention them.

Google uses relevance for this, and it would be simple to say... list all results with that word or phrase in the TITLE first, then show results that have that word in the article body (if you must) to make a caveman style relevance system (then by date of course or give options) which is better than nothing. But the options are usually set no newest item first and thats about all you get.

Any help in searching titles only would be helpful as a solution for now. I think there are advanced search options out there for Joomla, but what about K2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #89363 by sosimple
Replied by sosimple on topic Search Article Titles ONLY?
You need to change a line:

/componenets/com_k2/models/itemlist.php

799: $sql = " AND MATCH(i.title) ";

This may not work if you use joomfish, but I am sure you will figure it out.

More
10 years 1 month ago #89364 by Huub van der Logt
Replied by Huub van der Logt on topic Re: Search Article Titles ONLY?
Can someone please help me find where to change this in the current 2.6.8 release.

I also want to have the Search only seek in the titles.

Thank you in advance for any help.