Keyword

Very slow on item saving from front end and back end

• Manos
  • Manos's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89380 by Manos
Hi since I updated to the latest version of K2 I experience very slow saving. It can even take minutes to save. In average is 30 to 40 seconds. This happens only at front end. However, when I click on save, I look at the backend and the records (Item, Tags) are there, however front end seems to wait for something...I have Joomla 1.5.20 and the latest mootools.Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Manos
More
13 years 11 months ago #89381 by Manos
Hi,
I want to point out that same delay happens also at the back end. I have tried to optimize the K2 tables, however I had no improvement.
Any ideas?

• Manos
More
13 years 10 months ago #89382 by Manos
Any ideas why this happens?

• Manos
More
13 years 9 months ago #89383 by Manos
Anybody???

More
13 years 9 months ago #89384 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Very slow on item saving from front end and back end
It has been my experience that a simple item will save much faster than one with an image, a gallery, and or a video and attachments. If you are using an image or gallery you should prepare the image to be just larger than the larges size you will display before using it. There are some times like photographers that like big images, but this is an exception

• Manos
More
13 years 9 months ago #89385 by Manos
Same thing happens even if I just select the category and just add a title.

More
13 years 5 months ago #89386 by saman thenuwara
Replied by saman thenuwara on topic Very slow on item saving from front end and back end
when article has images then it is understandable, but if only text should SAVE faster and at least there should be some notification to user  ex: rotating gif file with text saying "your article is beeing saved, please wait...." and once its completed a better resposne from system or even close that window.