Keyword

Problems with Front page layout linked by Tag

More
13 years 11 months ago #89572 by Ian
I want to replace my front page with a K2 item.If I link a menu item to a category I get the folder icon (not a good look for the front page so that's out)Link to an item - that's no good as my client likes to put up a new front page every other week so I want it dynamic.So I thought Link to a Tag - BUT here's the issue:How do you control the layout of an item linked by a tag? There are 3 view optionsCategoryItem in a CategoryItemBUT NO TAG - you change any item in the above 3 sections and it has not effect on the layout of the item when selected by tag.When an item is selected by a tag you getRSS feedDate createdTitlePublished in ...How do I turn these off?? Until I can I'll have to use Joomla Articles :(CheersIan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89573 by Ian
OK - fixed it - forgot to look at global parameters - but the problem with global parameters is it affects all tags - would be nice to control each tag layout like you can with categories.
I notice you need to turn off RSS feed here - Layout & view options for user (author) pages and not here Layout & view options for Search, Tag & Date listings - which can cause confusion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.