Keyword

K2 System Plugin breaks other components

• Azhtar
  • Azhtar's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89644 by Azhtar
I don't know why K2 System Plugin loads on everypage where it's not needed, like Kunena Forums, is there a way to stop this behaviour?
I don't have any modules or stuff on that menu page that actually needs K2 System Plugin to load.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89645 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 System Plugin breaks other components
Hi. System plugin is not able to detect where a K2 module has been loaded, that's why it loads on every page. The reason we choose a system plugin to load the files is a known bug in Joomla! when a module tries to load some files and cache is enabled. However this should not cause any problems on your site. Thanks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Azhtar
More
13 years 11 months ago #89646 by Azhtar
Replied by Azhtar on topic K2 System Plugin breaks other components
So what do you think I can do to solve this? It's breaking another component, but I can't remove none of each, and right now I give priority to K2 over the other one (Kunena Forums) but it's driving nuts to my users, how can I unload the system plugin on the Kunena Menu item?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. System plugin is not able to detect where a K2 module has been loaded, that's why it loads on every page. The reason we choose a system plugin to load the files is a known bug in Joomla! when a module tries to load some files and cache is enabled. However this should not cause any problems on your site. Thanks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89647 by Lefteris
What exactly do you mean by breaking other component? Do you have any javascript errors? Or just CSS issues?

Azhtar said:So what do you think I can do to solve this? It's breaking another component, but I can't remove none of each, and right now I give priority to K2 over the other one (Kunena Forums) but it's driving nuts to my users, how can I unload the system plugin on the Kunena Menu item?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. System plugin is not able to detect where a K2 module has been loaded, that's why it loads on every page. The reason we choose a system plugin to load the files is a known bug in Joomla! when a module tries to load some files and cache is enabled. However this should not cause any problems on your site. Thanks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Azhtar
More
13 years 11 months ago #89648 by Azhtar
Well both of them, it messes with Kunena CSS and a lightbox script

Lefteris Kavadas said:What exactly do you mean by breaking other component? Do you have any javascript errors? Or just CSS issues?

Azhtar said:So what do you think I can do to solve this? It's breaking another component, but I can't remove none of each, and right now I give priority to K2 over the other one (Kunena Forums) but it's driving nuts to my users, how can I unload the system plugin on the Kunena Menu item?

More
13 years 11 months ago #89649 by Lefteris
Regarding the CSS issue you can ovewrite the K2 css file in your template. Regarding the script it would be useful if you post a link here. In general if some extension is using jQuery library it should load it in no-conflict mode.

Azhtar said:Well both of them, it messes with Kunena CSS and a lightbox script

Lefteris Kavadas said:What exactly do you mean by breaking other component? Do you have any javascript errors? Or just CSS issues?
Azhtar said:So what do you think I can do to solve this? It's breaking another component, but I can't remove none of each, and right now I give priority to K2 over the other one (Kunena Forums) but it's driving nuts to my users, how can I unload the system plugin on the Kunena Menu item? Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. System plugin is not able to detect where a K2 module has been loaded, that's why it loads on every page. The reason we choose a system plugin to load the files is a known bug in Joomla! when a module tries to load some files and cache is enabled. However this should not cause any problems on your site. Thanks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Azhtar
More
13 years 11 months ago #89650 by Azhtar
This is the site and if you try to open the attached picture called extra.jpg it loads it, but displays it wrong, but if turn off the K2 system plugin it works like a charm.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Regarding the CSS issue you can ovewrite the K2 css file in your template. Regarding the script it would be useful if you post a link here. In general if some extension is using jQuery library it should load it in no-conflict mode.

Lefteris Kavadas said:What exactly do you mean by breaking other component? Do you have any javascript errors? Or just CSS issues? Azhtar said:So what do you think I can do to solve this? It's breaking another component, but I can't remove none of each, and right now I give priority to K2 over the other one (Kunena Forums) but it's driving nuts to my users, how can I unload the system plugin on the Kunena Menu item? Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. System plugin is not able to detect where a K2 module has been loaded, that's why it loads on every page. The reason we choose a system plugin to load the files is a known bug in Joomla! when a module tries to load some files and cache is enabled. However this should not cause any problems on your site. Thanks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89651 by Lefteris
Hi. Just checked the link. K2 files are loading and your site works fine. The 'extra.jpg' opened in a lightbox as it should. Try to clean your browsers cache.

Azhtar said:This is the site and if you try to open the attached picture called extra.jpg it loads it, but displays it wrong, but if turn off the K2 system plugin it works like a charm.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Regarding the CSS issue you can ovewrite the K2 css file in your template. Regarding the script it would be useful if you post a link here. In general if some extension is using jQuery library it should load it in no-conflict mode.

Lefteris Kavadas said:What exactly do you mean by breaking other component? Do you have any javascript errors? Or just CSS issues? Azhtar said:So what do you think I can do to solve this? It's breaking another component, but I can't remove none of each, and right now I give priority to K2 over the other one (Kunena Forums) but it's driving nuts to my users, how can I unload the system plugin on the Kunena Menu item? Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. System plugin is not able to detect where a K2 module has been loaded, that's why it loads on every page. The reason we choose a system plugin to load the files is a known bug in Joomla! when a module tries to load some files and cache is enabled. However this should not cause any problems on your site. Thanks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
13 years 11 months ago #89652 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic K2 System Plugin breaks other components
Hi Azhtar,

I've just tested the link and the extra.jpg is well displayed in modal box in FF & Safari.

In Chrome, it's cut on both side.

Is it your problem ?

The K2 system plugin seems to be loaded.

Olivier

• Azhtar
More
13 years 11 months ago #89653 by Azhtar
Yes, only happens in Chrome, tested on IE9 and it loads fine, but, if I disable the K2 system plugin it works well on chrome

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Azhtar,
I've just tested the link and the extra.jpg is well displayed in modal box in FF & Safari.

In Chrome, it's cut on both side.

Is it your problem ?

The K2 system plugin seems to be loaded.

Olivier