Keyword

Transfer all current k2 Component settings to new site

• Brett Adkins
  • Brett Adkins's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89731 by Brett Adkins
Is there any way to transfer the k2 component settings from a current installation to a new install? I have all the k2 component settings in a perfect set up on a working site and would like to be able to transfer all the settings to a new site. Is there a quick / easy way to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89732 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Transfer all current k2 Component settings to new site
What kind of access do you have to the sites? cpanel, plesk, ssh ?
Do you have Akeeba backup Pro?
Could you transfer the entire site to the other server intact? or do you just want to move K2?

• Brett Adkins
More
13 years 11 months ago #89733 by Brett Adkins
I use akeeba, it's invaluable for cloning and transfers - but sometimes I have a new client who wants a completely different theme, and I thought maybe there was a config file somehwere that held all the settings for k2 - one that could be copied over via ftp...

William White said:What kind of access do you have to the sites? cpanel, plesk, ssh ? Do you have Akeeba backup Pro?
Could you transfer the entire site to the other server intact? or do you just want to move K2?

More
13 years 11 months ago #89734 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Transfer all current k2 Component settings to new site
If you have the categories set up wont you have to add the records to the tables?
Will akeeba pro, allow you to select only the parts of the site you want to back up? and mabee the tables (i havent looked at that closely yet but i did see custom settings and it would be good if it would do it for you that way

• Brett Adkins
More
13 years 11 months ago #89735 by Brett Adkins
Interesting - had not thought of that - will give it a shot with akeeba...

William White said:If you have the categories set up wont you have to add the records to the tables? Will akeeba pro, allow you to select only the parts of the site you want to back up? and mabee the tables (i havent looked at that closely yet but i did see custom settings and it would be good if it would do it for you that way

More
13 years 11 months ago #89736 by william white
Please let all of know how you resolve this problem