Keyword

Frontend Publishing, or Bust.

• Lee Strickland
  • Lee Strickland's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89855 by Lee Strickland
Frontend Publishing, or Bust. was created by Lee Strickland
I have to have frontend publishing support. The manage backend system is too much, and my publishers need access to all unpublished articles. It'd even be great if the editors could edit unpublished works too. Without that function, I may have to scrap my new k2 based site that should replace my straight joomla version.

The users themselves can see their own unpublished works, but no other users can. I need "special" permissions to be able to view all unpublished items from the front end. I have php and joomla experience, so it is a little frustrating when you search for two hours for a solution, and only find stuff that says a feature like it was added to v2.2. Altho if I am correct, it was just for your own items.

I have tried a third party solution, but I haven't been able to get it to actually pull content from other users either.

Any ideas? Solutions? Discouragements?

-Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lee Strickland
More
13 years 11 months ago #89856 by Lee Strickland
Replied by Lee Strickland on topic Frontend Publishing, or Bust.
Ok, in about 16 hours, I should have a modicum of funding for this project. If we need to develop a solution, I am all for it. k2 really gives us the controls and structure we need, and this is the only feature that is preventing the upgrade.

• Lee Strickland
More
13 years 11 months ago #89857 by Lee Strickland
Replied by Lee Strickland on topic Frontend Publishing, or Bust.
No real progress on this, all permission are correct, and I am getting help from a couple people now. Anyone know the status of this? SHOULD this work with k2?