Keyword

frustrated re customizing templates...

• Andrew Neighbour
  • Andrew Neighbour's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89882 by Andrew Neighbour
frustrated re customizing templates... was created by Andrew Neighbour
So, all I want to do is change the sequence of information on the items view page.  Specifically, I want the image gallery to appear immediately below the image of the item.I read the forums; I created a new template folder; I applied it to the category; I edited the item.php to move the section relating to the image gallery to the section in the item.php below the item vie....i.e. towards the top of the file.And nothing changed.What might I be doing wrong.  Is there a more detailed, hand holding how-to out there?  Can someone help?  I'd appreciate any assistance for a relative newbie who has learned enough in the past few weeks to be dangerous but not successful....Please take me under your wing!!!Thanks, as always,Andrewhere's the site:  batrboots.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89883 by william white
Replied by william white on topic frustrated re customizing templates...
If youve created the k2 override correctly, you should see a change
Have you found this post in simon.getk2.org
simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating

If you are editing and your file structure is correct, having made the changes, are the item view paramaters in the category settings set to "show" the revelant parts of the item your working with?

• Andrew Neighbour
  • Andrew Neighbour's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89884 by Andrew Neighbour
Replied by Andrew Neighbour on topic frustrated re customizing templates...
I followed Simon's tutorial exactly to create a new template directory. The directory tree is zipped and attached. I have edited the item.php file in the default directory at the end of the tree to modify social sharing - I changed the text label and removed four of the sharing links. I then applied this template to the category and the subcategories of the "back at the ranch boots on this site: batrboots.com/back-at-the-ranch-collection.html

The page does not reflect the change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
Attachments:

More
13 years 11 months ago #89885 by william white
Replied by william white on topic frustrated re customizing templates...
I moved the video just below the full text and it simply worked in the default template.
I was using 2.4 svn 2 but your override item.php worked without hesitation. I also left the video in its default location so it shows up twice. Please download the attached item.php and put it into a test override directory and try it to see if this is what you need. If you are not creating a new override for testing, please back up first!!!!!!!!!!