Keyword

Importing Images from Joomla to K2

• Stu HC
  • Stu HC's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89927 by Stu HC
Importing Images from Joomla to K2 was created by Stu HC
Hi AllLet me be another person to congratulate the makers on a fantastic addition to Joomla.

I recently added a lot of content each item with one image to Joomla for a clients website. I then came across K2 which would make updating so much easier for my client.I have tried importing all joomla content to K2 my problem being the images do not get pulled in to IMAGES and remain within the content. This is fine for display purposes but when I am linking a menu to a K2 Category the category view page does not show any images.

Is there a way for the import to pull the images from the joomla content into K2 Image field at all so I am able to see them in a category views?

Thank you for your time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #89928 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Importing Images from Joomla to K2
I'm afraid that cannot be done.
You can use the existing image in the introtext though to keep showing in your lists. If you have enabled the word limit on the lists or the cleanup introtext from the general k2 parameters though you won't be able to see them because the introtext is being cleaned up. You should go to the K2 general parameters and just allow the img tag from the introtext, along with other tags you want to be allowed.

• Stu HC
  • Stu HC's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89929 by Stu HC
Replied by Stu HC on topic Importing Images from Joomla to K2
Thank you for the response, I took the limit of introtext and the images are appearing now.

More
13 years 9 months ago #89930 by boruchsiper
Replied by boruchsiper on topic Importing Images from Joomla to K2
Hi Yiota, I went to K2 general parameters and allowed the img tag, but the images are still not showing up if I limit the word count in a category. what am I doing wrong?

Yiota Ziaggou said:I'm afraid that cannot be done. You can use the existing image in the introtext though to keep showing in your lists. If you have enabled the word limit on the lists or the cleanup introtext from the general k2 parameters though you won't be able to see them because the introtext is being cleaned up. You should go to the K2 general parameters and just allow the img tag from the introtext, along with other tags you want to be allowed.