Keyword

Front page blog like layout options for a menu ?

• iDanny
  • iDanny's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89994 by iDanny
Hi,

How would one go about to display items the way you allow layouts to display categories ?

In other words, i'd like to have a menu display all items of a category (and it's sub categories) in a layout like:

item 1 (1 column format)

item 2 + (2 column format)

Sort of like the "Front page blog layout" in basic Joomla.

Currently, I can only see how to do this with category descriptions and not articles per say ?

I'm thinking this can be achieved through "templating". If this is the way, is there a "template" repository somewhere ? I'm only just ok with PHP programming. I could eventually figure it all out but it would be great if someone had this basic template requirement done already :-)

Danny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89995 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Front page blog like layout options for a menu ?
Hi Danny,

If i'm right, you just have to configure your K2 category to display one item in primary with 1 column, # items in secondary with 2 columns.

You can find these options in the backend of K2, in the category parameters, 'Layout grid ' section.

Olivier

• iDanny
More
13 years 11 months ago #89996 by iDanny
Hi Oliver,

I tried this by setting up my menu as a "lastest items of a category" type then setting the relative category's parameters to show the first item in 1 colum then the rest over 2 columns. It still shows all in one column ?

Danny

More
13 years 11 months ago #89997 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Front page blog like layout options for a menu ?
Danny,

You have to choose 'itemlist/categories' as menu type. Than choose your category. the layout settings have to be made in the category you select.

Olivier

iDanny said:Hi Oliver,
I tried this by setting up my menu as a "lastest items of a category" type then setting the relative category's parameters to show the first item in 1 colum then the rest over 2 columns. It still shows all in one column ?

Danny

• iDanny
More
13 years 11 months ago #89998 by iDanny
Yes, I had just figured that out :-)

That solved the problem!

Thanks,

Danny