Keyword

Can K2 accept submission?

More
13 years 11 months ago #90004 by Dizol
Can K2 accept submission? was created by Dizol
hi support,since K2 is so powerful, i want to know if K2 can do this or not.-
i want to have a photo sharing community, where members can submit
photos taken by them to certain categories created by admin (me), they just can submit their photos to the categories created by me and
other members can see, comment and rate their photos. can K2 accept submission especially photos?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #90005 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Can K2 accept submission?
Hi Dizol,

Sure, you can create a K2 user group that can submit items on frontend for a specific category (ex : photography) but can't publish tem.

And you, as admin, will be able to publish them in backend.

If you want to be notified of new submissions and let your visitors subscribe to new item notifications, you can take a look to the K2 Multi Notify extension which manage now auto publication by email.

k2joom.com/k2-extensions/k2multinotify/k2multinotify-information

Olivier

More
13 years 11 months ago #90006 by Dizol
Replied by Dizol on topic Can K2 accept submission?
Ho Olivier,
Thanks for the fast reply. How about if i want the submission is auto approve? Can it be done?

One more thing,
My boss gave me a project which needs to be develop in really impossible timeframe. So i dont have choice to use Joomla as a platform because it will save me much time rather than doing from scratch. I need to develop a hotel directory website, for example like complete Hotel in England, and the hotels info must be complete such as rates, room photos, google map,hotel types,facilites,etc...

And all this hotels must be can view in list form like this:
www.allhotels.com/hotels/london/5-star-hotels?lang=en

Can K2 handle this Olivier?

More
13 years 11 months ago #90007 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Can K2 accept submission?
Dizol,

Items can be auto publish if the user group can publish items.

The view from the link can be made with K2 by displaying items form a category and making some default template modifications.

What i'm not sure is the possibility to sort item list directly in the view. I'm going to make a search for that...

Olivier

Dizol said:Ho Olivier, Thanks for the fast reply. How about if i want the submission is auto approve? Can it be done?

One more thing,
My boss gave me a project which needs to be develop in really impossible timeframe. So i dont have choice to use Joomla as a platform because it will save me much time rather than doing from scratch. I need to develop a hotel directory website, for example like complete Hotel in England, and the hotels info must be complete such as rates, room photos, google map,hotel types,facilites,etc...

And all this hotels must be can view in list form like this:
www.allhotels.com/hotels/london/5-star-hotels?lang=en

Can K2 handle this Olivier?

More
13 years 11 months ago #90008 by Dizol
actually its not a must to list the records in such view, as long as i can publish all the records neatly according to selected filter (such as hotels in London), its fine enough but if possible that would be great! :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #90009 by Dizol
hi olivier...

any updates on this?