Keyword

Tagging extra fields

• rick_blaine
  • rick_blaine's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #90057 by rick_blaine
Tagging extra fields was created by rick_blaine
I've read a bit through the Forum and I have found a similar question related to categories. I wonder if someone in the community has developed a way to "tag" extra-fields content so, for instance, used as a book or movie catalog,  country, year, ISBN, any other common référence (all set as extra-fields) could become a sort of tag and link other contents with identical values.

Any help/ideas? Does any of the other CCK out there (Zoo, jSeblod, etc.) do that?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #90058 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Tagging extra fields
Hi las2conB

Have you tried using the new "Searchable labels" feature in 2.4? Sounds like it might do the trick for you.

From the release notes:

"We have added a new Extra Field type: "Searchable labels". This type looks like a normal "text" type Extra Field in the K2 item form, but the output is actually linked "keywords" that redirect the visitor to search results. You could use this field to create an "additional layer of interconnected tags" or as a way to "label" K2 items differently to categories or tags. For example, if you're using K2 as a listing directory, you can use the "Searchable labels" Extra Field to define, say, "Cities". So the admin of the site would input available cities for a listing, separated by a comma, like: "Athens, London, New York". When a visitor clicks e.g. on the Athens entry, they are redirected to a search page with K2 items using the same "Athens" city entry. If you are using K2 as a catalog or eshop (in conjuction with K2mart and Virtuemart) you could use this field to provide additional labels for your products allow your visitors to search similar products by clicking these labels. The applications of this new Extra Field type are endless ;)"

--O.

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.