Keyword

how to display categories (frontend, index page) without any items displayed

More
13 years 10 months ago #90073 by moz
Hi,
Tks a lot four component, and support. I know by word of mouth tks to the joomla community in bordeaux, france,  your K2  content component..

So i 'm a newbee and would like to show on the welcome page (index) only the  categories to be displayed, without any items below (as your demo site).

When i set an item from mainmenu in menu manager in joomla!  if i select the mother category  (with inside the others), i have all the categories , that's ok, but with always items below....and i don't want them here, on the first page..

Tks a lot four your help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #90074 by Yiota
You can either set the parameters for not showing any items in the parent category, but it will continue not showing any items in the inner pages, or on the menu item on the front page just select all categories and underneath set all leading, primary, etc. to 0. This way only your home page will display only the categories and all other category views will display according to the parameters you have set on each category.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90075 by moz
Tks a lot for this prompt reply ...

"...set the parameters for not showing any items in the parent category..."

ok, it works and it shows also the items inside each one

"..menu item on the front page just select all categories and underneath set all leading, primary, etc. to 0."

it doesn't i'am afraid. I don't know why exactly

Tks a lot anyway, it solves my issue..