Keyword

No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing

• Bastian Campmann
  • Bastian Campmann's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #90076 by Bastian Campmann
No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing was created by Bastian Campmann
Hello K2-Community,i have a strange thing occuring on my webside (www.medienhandbuch-sport.de). When Authors log in on frontend and create a new article, the Tab "Extra Fields" is always empty, although there are extra fields connected to the chosen category... When the article is saved an re-opend, the extra fields appear... Any hint?System running:Joomla 1.5.20K2 Component: 2.3 Web Server:
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny9 with Suhosin-Patch mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english... ;o)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90077 by william white
Replied by william white on topic No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing
From the front end, try Login, then Add new item and there are not extra fields
Select the category with extra fields and then click the extra fields tab

More
13 years 10 months ago #90078 by aleistere
Replied by aleistere on topic No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing
I have the same problem - No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing with category selected.
Joomla 1.5.22
K2 2.4.1

Any solution for this problem?
TIA

• Big Bad Media Pty Ltd
More
13 years 10 months ago #90079 by Big Bad Media Pty Ltd
Replied by Big Bad Media Pty Ltd on topic No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing
I'm also having the same problem. In the backend I have to hit apply for the extra fields to show (simply selecting the category doesn't do it) however apply isn't an option on the front end. Pressing save resets the form and the cancel button has no obvious effect/function that I can see.

aleistere said:I have the same problem - No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing with category selected. Joomla 1.5.22
K2 2.4.1

Any solution for this problem?
TIA

More
13 years 10 months ago #90080 by aleistere
Replied by aleistere on topic No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing
Hi Colin,
when you open an editor from FP, find on the right side and click the button "Toggle sidebar". It was solution in my case. :)

• Big Bad Media Pty Ltd
More
13 years 9 months ago #90081 by Big Bad Media Pty Ltd
Replied by Big Bad Media Pty Ltd on topic No Extra Fields showing up in Frontend-Editing
Just getting back to this. Thanks for the reply Aleistere and thanks to William who got in touch with me via PM in the space of about a minute. I did a bit more troubleshooting and it was, oddly enough, user error on my part. There was some loose code in my hacking K2Mart that was affecting the display and function of this. I couldn't find where it was but did fresh installs one by one and that seems to have fixed it for me.

I'm struggling now to have a category set by default AND have the extra fields show up for this category without the user first needing to save the item but I'm sure this is a discussion for another thread.

Thanks to all. There is a certain lack of documentation for this extension but so much community support that it really makes up for it if you go ahead and ask.

Thanks again and great work!