Keyword

all about K2 and Cache System

• Massoud
  • Massoud's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #90185 by Massoud
all about K2 and Cache System was created by Massoud
K2 is the best content system I've ever seen butThere are series issues with joomla cache system, and I'm trying to gather all of them in this topic:Cache system and Read Counter:When the global cache system is enabled, the counter does not work, at first i thought the problem should be related to cache duration and after the cache will be expired, problem will solve but this is not the fact. in reality when the cache system is enabled the counter won't work and won't count.In this case I want to know is it possible to have cache system but except K2 pages, I want the cache is just work for modules not more.Cache system and so many K2 cache files When the cache system is on, after 15 min I'l have tons of files in K2 cache why is that? I have only 100 article and the cache files are around 18K, at first I thought this problem should be just for mine but after searching in this forum I figured out that this other users have the same problem.Cache system and K2 Jcomment Plugins ProblemWhen the cache system is enabled, and you're using K2 Jcomment plugins, with no logic and certain condition, or duration the original k2 comment system will be replaced with the jcomment one and you have to clear all the cache to take everything in normal situation. Please share your experience or any useful knowledge about it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90186 by trip
Replied by trip on topic all about K2 and Cache System
Hi
did you have an follow up on this caching issue ?
Matthew

• Massoud
  • Massoud's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90187 by Massoud
Replied by Massoud on topic all about K2 and Cache System
I left K2 Jcomment due to problem, and I've did every possible things but does not solve the problem.

for counter issue I removed all of the counter because it does not work at all when the cache system is on

and about lots of files, I could not find any solution so I have to remove cache files once a day.

Thank you for pursuing

More
13 years 10 months ago #90188 by trip
Replied by trip on topic all about K2 and Cache System
I have sent a message to Fotis, asking if he will take a look at this...
Maybe he will respond directly on this
Matthew

• Marcos Ortega Miranda
More
13 years 9 months ago #90189 by Marcos Ortega Miranda
Replied by Marcos Ortega Miranda on topic all about K2 and Cache System
Hi, any solution to this? K2 generates a lot of cache files and they end even producing ocasional out-of-memory errors in the cache management...

More
13 years 9 months ago #90190 by Matthew Philogene
Replied by Matthew Philogene on topic all about K2 and Cache System
Hi Marcos

we have not heard anything on this, and I sent a direct message to Fotis hoping he would take a look at this, unless the latest svn versions solve this, I am not sure.

Have you tried contacting him ?

Matthew

More
13 years 9 months ago #90191 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic all about K2 and Cache System
It's normal for the cache to grow fast if you have it set at 2 mins for example. What you need to do is install Admin Tools by Akeeba Backup and set one of it's system plugins to clear the "expired" cache objects and thus maintain your site "fit".

Regarding hits... this is not a bug, it's how Joomla! works... If the cache is on, php is not recompiled, so Joomla! or K2 cannot "record" these hits. It's best to use Google Analytics for real stats. But statistically speaking, the actual count of hits recorded in Joomla may be lower overall, but the hit comparison between items will be the same (again, statistically speaking).

What we plan to do in the future is offer an ajax based mechanism to track page hits using javascript.

JComment has a K2 plugin and when it's present along with K2, it will replace K2's built in comments system. Just disable the JComments K2 plugin if you don't want that...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #90192 by Matthew Philogene
Replied by Matthew Philogene on topic all about K2 and Cache System
Hi Fotis

thanks for the reply, we are using a plugin to clear out the expired cache... and I agree that stats can be skewed no matter which system you are using, so I guess one has to settle for something which is more or less accurate...

thanks for following up

Matthew JoomlaWorks said:

It's normal for the cache to grow fast if you have it set at 2 mins for example. What you need to do is install Admin Tools by Akeeba Backup and set one of it's system plugins to clear the "expired" cache objects and thus maintain your site "fit".

Regarding hits... this is not a bug, it's how Joomla! works... If the cache is on, php is not recompiled, so Joomla! or K2 cannot "record" these hits. It's best to use Google Analytics for real stats. But statistically speaking, the actual count of hits recorded in Joomla may be lower overall, but the hit comparison between items will be the same (again, statistically speaking).

What we plan to do in the future is offer an ajax based mechanism to track page hits using javascript.

JComment has a K2 plugin and when it's present along with K2, it will replace K2's built in comments system. Just disable the JComments K2 plugin if you don't want that...

More
13 years 1 month ago #90193 by Jerry Garner
Replied by Jerry Garner on topic all about K2 and Cache System
I dont suppose you would have any idea why my cache files would be created with an expiration date of Dec 31, 1969?? They're basically expired decades before they are created, which sort of negates the purpose of caching.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #90194 by Marco Elric
Replied by Marco Elric on topic all about K2 and Cache System
Hi this is out of topic but I use K2 and Joomla it always eat too much server load. can any one point me to any k2 performance optimization. my global cache & cache plugin(with browser cache set to yes) is enable. I always encounter Internal server error every time my site got high traffic I average 30K visit per day..so far im about to give up with k2 and joomla :( still in search for ways to make it stable